about TI process commit error

Niko
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: PA 2.09 / TM1 11.7.00000.42
Excel Version: EXCEL 2019

about TI process commit error

Post by Niko »

Hi,everyone:
i wang to load data to cube 'Sales' from mysql database using ODBC.
but i get a error "Direct edit dimension collection has not been cleared before commit.". Although the data load was successful, but do not know why the error.
my code is as below:

Code: Select all

<Datasourec> MySQL DB 
<prolog> I have clear target cube view 
<metadata> i have used dimensionelementinsert function for insert element to dimension first
<data> normally i use cellincrementn function to load data
<epilog> i clear temporary view and subset using }bedrock code and  write function CubeSavedata( 'Sales' );  to save the data from memory to disk finally.
i try to comment CubeSavedata( 'Sales' ); which is in epilog now, As a result, Ti did not report an error. i guess Maybe I can't write "CubeSavedata" at the end of epilog but is not sure.
Thankyou first.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: about TI process commit error

Post by declanr »

<metadata> i have used dimensionelementinsert function for insert element to dimension first
Are you actually using DImensionElementInsert? Or are there "Direct" equivalent functions in there?

You *may* be able to clear the error by performing a DimensionUpdateDirect for the dimension, this is a way of clearing down the memory footprint used by the direct functions.

Its also worth checking what version you are on, as a quick google shows that on older versions of PA this message appeared as an error sometimes and the suggestion was to upgrade to 2.0.9.3
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/PH23571
Declan Rodger
Niko
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: PA 2.09 / TM1 11.7.00000.42
Excel Version: EXCEL 2019

Re: about TI process commit error

Post by Niko »

declanr wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:37 pm
Are you actually using DImensionElementInsert? Or are there "Direct" equivalent functions in there?

You *may* be able to clear the error by performing a DimensionUpdateDirect for the dimension, this is a way of clearing down the memory footprint used by the direct functions.

Its also worth checking what version you are on, as a quick google shows that on older versions of PA this message appeared as an error sometimes and the suggestion was to upgrade to 2.0.9.3
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/PH23571
Hi,declanr
in My process, metadata has not included any "direct" function. today , i adjust the order of the code in the epilog,
before :
DimensionUpdateDirect( 'Year' );
CubeSaveData( 'Sales' );
i get a commit error;

now:
CubeSaveData( 'Sales' );
DimensionUpdateDirect( 'Year' );
i have not get any error;

So i think i shoule first savedata then i could use DimensionUpdateDirect to commpress the memory of dimension,Although I don't know if it actually compacted the dimensional memory requirement
Any help would be greatly appreciated.