TM1 Installation: E4) Cannot connect to admin server at host <servername> and port "5498"

Niko
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: PA 2.09 / TM1 11.7.00000.42
Excel Version: EXCEL 2019

TM1 Installation: E4) Cannot connect to admin server at host <servername> and port "5498"

Post by Niko »

Hi TM1 gurus :)

These days I installed a new TM1 Server Package in a New PC, after all was settle down, I try to create a new instance.

But after edit the tm1s.cfg and I use the tm1s.exe to activate the new instance, the info showed up -
"E4) Cannot connect to admin server at host <servername> and port "5498".

Anyway could I fix these?

Thank You Very Much!!
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: TM1 Installation: E4) Cannot connect to admin server at host <servername> and port "5498"

Post by burnstripe »

Is the "tm1 admin server" service running. No models can run/start without this service already running.

If it's running and assuming the the ports haven't been changed in cognos configuration then the issue will be the port 5498 is open on the firewall.

If you're installing for the first time just use cognos configuration to start it up. If it's not in the start menu look for Bin64\cogconfigw.exe
Niko

Re: TM1 Installation: E4) Cannot connect to admin server at host <servername> and port "5498"

Post by Niko »

Hi Buddy

All the related Service is openned
Service list
Service list
service.PNG (12.79 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
But the sample instance cannot be seen on the architect panel while it reports this kind "5498" error
architect.PNG
architect.PNG (4.39 KiB) Viewed 2033 times

The firewall has shut down.
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Can you see that the port is bound to the Admin server and listening?
Use performance monitor or Netstat in the cmd prompt.
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by burnstripe »

Have you installed Planning Analytics or TM1 10.2.2 or prior. If 10.2.2 or prior then the ssl certificates will need Patching to use port 5498 or you'd need to tell the database not to use ssl by setting usessl=F in the tm1s.cfg
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

One thing that hasn't come up so far is that in your previous thread you put the heading as "How the client PC connect to a remote Tm1 Server in another PC". This raises a few questions.
  • Have you installed the TM1 server software (and Admin server software) on a Windows Server, NOT a desktop PC? The TM1 Server will certainly run on a PC desktop (as opposed to the P.O.S. currently known as PAW), BUT
  • If you have installed both the TM1 server and client software on PCs (not a Windows server), are you trying to connect to the TM1 server from client software on the same PC? If so, that should work as long as you have everything set up correctly.
  • Or are you, as your previous heading suggested, trying to connect client software on one desktop or notebook PC, to a TM1 server on another desktop/notebook PC? I'm not saying that it's impossible to do that, but desktop / notebook PCs are sure as hell not designed to be used as servers and setting up the relevant network connections, opening the ports, etc may not be straightforward.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I would like to install and deploy TM1 on one Windows Server 2008 computer and then use the other one as a client so THAT I can analyze data on the client.
I installed TM1 on the server computer, but there was an error when I opened it.
can you help me , thank you.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

What version are you trying to install ?
Is the information in your profile signature up to date ?
If yes you are installing a version of about 5 years old (which I think should support server 2008 versions).
What about the client versions ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly