I have an issue

I have test and prod env

When i try to login into tm1 from TM1 Architect:
test - nothing happens
prod - works good

But from tm1web

test - works good
prod - works good

does anyone know what the problem might be?
ports were checked
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: TM1 Architect login issue

Post by burnstripe »

Is architect installed on the test server and does it work fine on the server? It might be you can connect fine from architect on the server and not from architect on your "user" machine.

Any differences in tm1s.cfg files, I'm thinking IPAddress / IPAddressV4 / IPAddressV6. Sometimes DNS issues can cause the need for these parameters to be set. If the live tm1s.cfg has this but the test tm1s.cfg doesn't this may be your cause.

What ports were checked? TM1Web and Architect use different ports. Are ports 5495 and 5498 unblocked? Did you use a tool (such as telnet) to confirm the ports were open and accessible from the client device.

Are prod and test running the same version of the software?

What authentication method is used in prod and test, 1-5?

In test what do you see, can you see the instance to log into, when you click on it what happens, do you get prompted for credentials, do you get a blank box appear.

If using CAM security (mode 5) have the bi_interop files been updated with the correct entries for test
Houps
OLAP Product: Cognos Analytics
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2017

Post by Houps »

We have 5 authentication method on all env
I try to change to 1 authentication method, but it is doesn't help
Log's for test is cleare. I don't see any window when i try to check.
We have the same IPAddressV4 for 2 server. In this case i can't connect to the tm1web to the boths servers
if i delete IPAddressV4 from tm1s filetest server - i can connect to the tm1web to the boths servers

i can see instance in tm1 architect
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by burnstripe »

Couple of important questions have been missed from your response.

Is architect installed on the test server and does it work fine on the server? It might be you can connect fine from architect on the server and not from architect on your "user" machine.

What ports were checked? TM1Web and Architect use different ports. Are ports 5495 and 5498 unblocked? Did you use a tool (such as telnet) to confirm the ports were open and accessible from the client device.

Are prod and test running the same version of the software? And if so what version may I ask?

Since you are also using CAM security, although your comments suggest something else is at hand, there may also be an issue with the population of the bi_interop files, in particular the planning.html file so worth double checking.
Houps
OLAP Product: Cognos Analytics
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2017

Post by Houps »

Problem was resolved.
I deleted tm1p file from my local computer and after that everything worked well :o