Performance Modeler

bbrady74
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos
Version: TM1 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Performance Modeler

Post by bbrady74 »

I am attempting to access the Rights under the Application Design with Performance Modeler. Instead of being able to view the rights and make revisions like I have done in the past, I see what is in the attachment. Please advise what I should do in order to view this as I have in the past.

Thank you!

Brian
Attachments
Modeler.PNG
Modeler.PNG (48.61 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Performance Modeler

Post by jim wood »

Are you on an older version of the software? I was asking as I didn't think anybody still used Performance Modeler?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:35 am Are you on an older version of the software? I was asking as I didn't think anybody still used Performance Modeler?
I could have sworn that I saw something about Performance Muddler being depreciated. Rarely does a smile come to my face when dealing with anything that IBM does these days, so that's the kind of thing that sticks in the memory. However I can't find anything in writing about it. However I certainly know that IBM prefers that you use a different piece of cr@p these days, that being PAW.

Performance Muddler is still included in the Client download with each server release, but neither it nor its terrible twin Cognos Insight are selected by default. (Architect, Perspectives and the classic API are the three selected.) Whether officially depreciated or not I definitely recommend moving away from it, because I don't see a bright and shining future in front of it.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Elessar »

Hi,

Did it work before on your PM? Does it work on another PM?

Try to edit rights in TM1 Applications (my.server.com:9510/pmpsvc). If there is an error, the logs in webapps/pmpsvc/logs folder should be more informative.
Also, check you }tp_tasks_appGUID dimension. It should be equal to your approval dimension.
(sorry, there will be no screenshots from me, I have also used pmpsvc 4 years ago last time)
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.