Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
garry cook
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Shared Sandboxing

Post by garry cook »

This periodically raises its head and I've just had another use case come up again for shared sandboxes. Just went to raise a ticket but on checking before posting, saw that someone had already raised a ticket with a handful of votes. It's showing as "Future consideration" currently which is ironic over 2 years on.

Just putting it here for visibility as it's a pretty fundamental gap in what should be a really big selling point of the product. Adding link for any potential traction from the wider communtiy. My faith is low but hope springs enternal and all that.

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PAOP-I-38

Also, in terms of workaround, I realise it's just about do-able by pulling the loose objects within the data tier but it's a messy workaround prone to error so I've always steered clear of this in an operational environment.
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: Shared Sandboxing

Post by gtonkin »

HI Garry, based on the AMA sessions, I am cautiously optimistic on this materialising "soon".

What I have done to emulate this is to have multiple active Scenarios - Rolling Forecast plus Active 1,2 etc.
The Active scenarios are flagged to be Live or Static and rules look at this.
I also have system rollups for the feeders to trickle feed as required.
High-level but HTH.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

This was discussed during the AMA on Feb 11th.

The short summary is that it won't be in the v11 server. It is something they will work on after the launch of the v12 "next generation" server.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Adam
OLAP Product: IBM PA
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Microsoft 365 x64

Post by Adam »

lotsaram wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:50 pm This was discussed during the AMA on Feb 11th.

The short summary is that it won't be in the v11 server. It is something they will work on after the launch of the v12 "next generation" server.
I think we were all on the same call ... my takeaway was that this is easily 2 years away.
Take care.
Adam