Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

MDX Object type for picklists

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi
I've created an RFE for the addition of new type of picklist definition MDX:{MDX Expression}.
Would like to try and avoid the creation of loads of redundant subsets to drive picklist selectors. All adds to the development time, server clutter and risk of deletion in error.

When we have to create a subset to get a piece of MDX in front of a user, the subset is redundant.

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PAOC-I-318

As ever your votes would be appreciated!

(also can I encourage everyone in general to participate in the RFE process, IBM do use this as a guide when prioritising functionality)
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: MDX Object type for picklists

Post by Wim Gielis »

Voted ! Thanks.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Also voted. I have been requesting this for years but I guess I never created a RFE for it.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
PavoGa
MVP
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

Voted.
Ty
Cleveland, TN
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Looks like this one has made the cut - from the looks of some of the others that have previously made the cut, the comments added by others may weigh in when the ideas are picked, not only the no. of votes. The comments may highlight other use cases and bolster the case for inclusion. That's my thoughts at any rate - YMMV.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

gtonkin wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:39 pm Looks like this one has made the cut - from the looks of some of the others that have previously made the cut, the comments added by others may weigh in when the ideas are picked, not only the no. of votes. The comments may highlight other use cases and bolster the case for inclusion. That's my thoughts at any rate - YMMV.
Weeeellll... the status has changed to "Future Consideration", anyway. Lots of things are open for future consideration. I've considered the possibility of generating an income of half a million bucks per week and living on a country estate with a swimming pool just outside of Roma some time in the future. That doesn't mean that it's going to happen any time soon.

However I do agree that what the kids call "engagement" these days (votes, well argued comments, etc) probably helps with the shortlising process.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.