RFE : PAW should be part of IBMs DR strategy for their cloud offering.

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

RFE : PAW should be part of IBMs DR strategy for their cloud offering.

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,

Can I encourage people to vote for this? It would appear that PAW content is not part of IBMs DR strategy giving customer a significant exposure.

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PAOC-I-65

(it's not my RFE).

Thanks
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: RFE : PAW should be part of IBMs DR strategy for their cloud offering.

Post by gtonkin »

Always good having backups but not having done too many restores yet, do the backup and restore scripts run prior to upgrades not do this?
I have not interrogated what is contained in the backup so asking if anyone else knows and has actually used the backup to restore everything.

By everything I mean, Workbooks (Public/private), Users, Security, the Administration Agent configurations etc. etc.

Will try spend some time on this but if anyone can answer, we be good to understand what is there currently and what the gaps/risks are.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: RFE : PAW should be part of IBMs DR strategy for their cloud offering.

Post by Alan Kirk »

I had missed a few posts in this forum and was going through the still-red ones while waiting for something to install.

(No, not PAW, don't be silly... I'd be too busy typing arcane script names into command windows and downloading cr@p from external sites if I was doing that.)

Anyhoo, I went to vote for this on the off chance that I may some day use PAW; I can see the utility of it.

Alas... it was closed as "already exists". But wait, that's GOOD news, right? Yyyyyeeeaaah, no:
Marked as will not implement. LCM can be used to both migrate and backup/export Workspace books. IBM is looking at enhancing capabilities of LCM to better support backups (e.g larger snapshots and exports).
(To save anyone who doesn't use it from running to Acronym Finder and assuming that it was an obscure reference to Lowest Common Multiple, it's actually Life Cycle Manager or, more verbosely, "IBM Cognos Command Center - Automation Life Cycle Management (LCM)".)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.