TM1 Top Questions

George Regateiro
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

TM1 Top Questions

Post by George Regateiro »

I have been getting complaints about slow performance on TM1Web today (of which we are now converting to Citrix for WAN users) but when I look out at TM1 Top I really dont see any heavy activity that would be taking up the server. The only thing I can see is that when some users perform an action the function field says "ObjectSecurityRightGet". There is no lock that is displayed. This function will remain there for a few minutes and then go away. Would this be causing any system slowness even though the user is idle and there are no locks displayed?

I cannot see anything in the logs that would indicate any other problems or processes running and I dont even know if this is a problem, but it is the only thing that looks remotely strange.
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: TM1 Top Questions

Post by Eric »

It could be a bandwith issue, but if you know that is not a problem then I thinkObjectSecurityRightGet can cause performance issues. I believe this happens when you have a lot of security determined by rules or just cell based security. The server has to reconcile security and then grants the access to the data. If security is causing the problem then Citrix will not help.
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

First we have a bandwidth issue that we are working, but I talked to our network admin and the bandwidth was not overly utilized during the time that the users were reporting system slowness. Also the times the users were reporting were on the order of 4 to 5 times longer to load pages websheets.

As far as security goes we have a mix of rules and TI (we ran into the all rule based security issue about a year ago). The TI for the largest dimension takes 15 seconds, the chore for all security takes 30 seconds and a security refresh takes 3 or 4 seconds. So i am not sure why that SecurityGet would be staying in TM1 Top for literally minutes when no other activity was being shown on the server.

Nothing about what I saw today makes any sense when compared to what normally can be causes the slowdowns.
ryanr
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by ryanr »

I know it's old, but I wanted to bump this thread. I am having the exact same issue, users complaining of slowness and the secuirty get showing up in TM1 top while the user sits idle. I'm still runing 9.5.2. This is a very very small model, there is a lot of secuity, but I don't believe any of it is rule based - This is not the primary TM1 model I work on.Thoughts?