Two sets of count in a dimension

lynnsong986
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Two sets of count in a dimension

Post by lynnsong986 »

Hello, I need to calculate revenue generated by buildings (a utility company) i.e.

One building (parent) can have up to four types of services (child), electric, water, gas & BTU (number of services vary, some buildings only provide electric, or electric & water or electric & gas...can be any combinations). Each building has a different number of suites/units. Admin fee revenue is calculated at the child-level (number of units in each building per service * admin fee per unit per service per month * 12), the other stream of revenue calculates revenue at the parent level

For example,
Building A has a total number of unit of 100
Of which 100 units has electric service (monthly admin fee $10)
50 has water service (monthly admin fee $8)
50 has gas (monthly admin fee $5)
20 has BTU (monthly admin fee $15)
Stream 2 revenue $30 per unit per month per building

To calculate revenue:
Stream 1: electric 100*10*12
Water 50*8*12
Gas 50*5*12
BTU 20*15*12

Stream 2: only calculates at the building level, not service
100*30 (pick highest unit number among all services).

I have hundreds of buildings for consolidation, each having different admin fee & number of units at building & service levels.
What would be the best way of setting up dimensions in this case?

Thanks so much!
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Re: Two sets of count in a dimension

Post by kangkc »

I think any TM1 developer which has some modeling experience should be able to model this pretty easily.
Various utility admin fee can be set via reference cube.
Number of units in each building, number of units using respective utility services can be stored in the main cube. The rest are just simple rule to reference the service fee to calculate the revenue.
This is based on what you have described but real requirements may be much more complicated. All the best.