Dimension Order in an MDX cube view as datasource

lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Dimension Order in an MDX cube view as datasource

Post by lotsaram »

ascheevel wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:37 pm I got confirmation from IBM that the variable order matching the order of dims in the query is expected behavior and not necessarily the TABDIM order is expected behavior as of 2.0.9.10.
So in other words, they fixed it, then broke it again, and now they aren't going to fix it becasue it has been reclassified from a bug to expected behavior. And they expect us to use MDX views? Seriously?
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
ascheevel
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: Dimension Order in an MDX cube view as datasource

Post by ascheevel »

I don't love it, but if it stays consistent I can work with it. I'm bothered by the need to remap variables on existing TIs with mdx views, but that's a one time effort. I'm bothered that IBM's fix documentation simply said it was fixed as of 2.0.9.10 without clarifying what the new expected behavior is. This suggests to me that they either didn't care or believed -quite incorrectly obviously as this thread stretches back to 2019- that nobody was using mdx views.

I guess I'm still in the camp of liking MDX views and will continue to use them when they make sense, but it's a hit to my pride when a solution of mine worked fine yesterday and fails today because of something as trivial as variable order.