Excel Form Uploaded in PAX

manu0521
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Excel Form Uploaded in PAX

Post by manu0521 »

Hi Guys,

I have like an excel form created in excel with some basic validations on the sheet and loaded it to paw as a book .

Users will be able to enter the details in the form and I plan to have a submit button which write the value in a TI Process from the sheet in to a attribute cube .

I wanted to know is there a way to have 2 buttons and show the submit button only if all the entries are valid or have one button shown disabled initally and once the users enters all details and is valid enable the button .

Any help is appreciated as this one is new to me .
Emixam
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Re: Excel Form Uploaded in PAX

Post by Emixam »

** I just realize my answer makes no sense to your question, however maybe it will help someone else **

Hello,

I don't think there's an easy way to do that. However, here's my suggestion:

In your Excel form, create a formula to validate if all the entries are valid (0 = No, 1 = Yes). Also, a conditional formatting (0 = red, 1 = green) can be a good way to easily show that not all the entries are valid.

In your TI, add a parameter (i.e., pValidation) and add the following code at the top of the prolog tab :

Code: Select all

IF( pValidation <> 1);
    ProcessQuit;
ENDIF;
You can also play with the Process Option to display messages.
Attachments
2019-06-14_10h14_26.png
2019-06-14_10h14_26.png (59.45 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
manu0521
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: PA 2.0.5

Re: Excel Form Uploaded in PAX

Post by manu0521 »

Yes this is helpful . Thanks !! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.