TI prompts

late.vaibhav
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 9.5.2, 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2007 2010

TI prompts

Post by late.vaibhav »

Hi
I have created a Ti to load data from SAP with package connector in 9.5 version.
in that to minimize time and data load i have use filtering for month and year by using prompts in framework manager.
now i want that the prompts should be picked up from any cube or dynamic ti process so that i can schedule this ti. and there would be no need to change the prompt value every month.
So please suggest me the solution or alternative to do achieve this....
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TI prompts

Post by lotsaram »

late.vaibhav wrote:Hi
I have created a Ti to load data from SAP with package connector in 9.5 version.
in that to minimize time and data load i have use filtering for month and year by using prompts in framework manager.
now i want that the prompts should be picked up from any cube or dynamic ti process so that i can schedule this ti. and there would be no need to change the prompt value every month.
That's the problem with using FM packages. The last time I looked into this the only acceptable solution we could find was to define variables within SAP BW named for example Current Year, Last Year, Current Month, Last Month. We then used these variables within the FM package. It meant something extra to maintain in SAP but at least it was then possible to automate loads to TM1 with a time filter in the query.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: TI prompts

Post by Michel Zijlema »

late.vaibhav wrote:Hi
Could the CGAddPromptValues function be what you're looking for? See this link, item 14. Prompt Editing.
I used this some time back to assign prompt values dynamically in TI (on the Prolog tab) using the package connector and that what working for me (but the package connector itself was not stable enough to be used in the end).

Michel