Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
moby91
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

How to submit an enhancement request for TM1 using RFE

Post by moby91 »

How to submit an enhancement request for TM1 using the Business Analytics RFE Community

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21692679
Request Functional Enhancement (RFE) for Business Analytics products

Technote (FAQ)

Question
How do we submit an enhancement request for a Business Analytics Product?

Answer
IBM has a externally accessible process for Requesting Functional Enhancements (RFE).
RFE enables Business Analytics customers and the Products organization to interact directly around enhancements. Customers can log requests, see requests posted by others, vote on requests and best of all, see the status of an RFE.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?BRAND_ID=401
developerWorks > Business Analytics RFE Community

Welcome Business Analytics users! Here you have an opportunity to collaborate directly with the Business Analytics product development teams and other product users.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/libra ... index.html
developerWorks > IBM RFE Community

Business Analytics

Business Analytics is now a brand within the RFE Community, and with that new branding, several product families have been added.

The RFE Community is now supporting Business Analytics as a new brand. There are four product families in the Business Analytics Brand: Business Intelligence, Performance Management, Predictive Analytics, and Risk. The components for these products will be organized under their respective products.

The following products are now classified as Business Analytics products within the RFE Community.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: How to submit an enhancement request for TM1 using RFE

Post by jim wood »

Thanks Moby. I've changed it to a sticky as this is information that will be helpful to everybody,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote:Thanks Moby. I've changed it to a sticky as this is information that will be helpful to everybody,
And then I suspect that they'll do whatever they want and ignore whatever they don't anyway, a view based on experience rather than pessimism.

As of this morning there were 9 RFEs in there for TM1. However... {Spits on hands, gets out axe...} expect to see a pretty massive upswing in that number in the next couple of days. I've chosen as my opening piece RFE 63581, a request for a SubIx function. (Link here, but it only works if you're logged in.) Anyone who has a DeveloperWorks account and wants to see this, I do humbly beseech you to get in there and vote for it.

Edit: And 63583 for TabDimCount.

Double Edit: And 63585 regarding chore scheduling functions. I dropped a none-too-subtle hint that this would also allow us to work around their obstinacy in not allowing us to schedule chores in local time.

Triple Edit: The list has gone from 9 to 15 this morning, though one of those was logged by someone else who I'm not familiar with (but may be here under an anonymous name). Tag, who wants to go next?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7

Post by jim wood »

Alan I was always told that you don't get if you don't ask. At least using the link that Moby provided we'll be asking. Hopefully the Dev guys at IBM will get to see what we're asking for and you never know, a few of them might get through.....
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote:Alan I was always told that you don't get if you don't ask.
In the case of {cough} some software vendors you generally don't get if you ask either unless you have an angry mob with pitchforks and burning torches at your back.

Apparently they weight the requests in terms of overall "activity" as well as votes so things like adding comments (particularly to the heavy hitter issues like SubIx) and adding to your watchlists would do no harm.

A few of the ones that I raised are at four votes but I must confess to being a little surprised that the chore manipulation TI functions one is still sitting on only 2 considering how many problems it would solve:
(a) The Daylight Savings problem, without any need for API calls or external tools; just have the schedules re-sync with local time once a week.
(b) Having an auto chore run every time you refresh and restart your dev environment; one which would turn off all of your data load chores so that your dev environment doesn't get into a tussle with your prod one;
(c) For chores that need to be run only periodically (say at month end) you'd no longer need to set it to run every day (or worse, more frequently) and use custom code to quit if it's not the right day. Less overhead on the server, less clutter in the log files, etc, etc);
(d) When you want to have the transaction log show that the chore did the load you could have another process turn the schedule on then turn it off again. Easier than doing it manually (and no chance of forgetting to turn it back off)), and it means that the transactions from the chore don't go into the log under your own name. (Then wonder why you did those entries 6 months later when you're searching the log.)

Personally, of all the ones I raised I'd probably rate that #2 in order of "make life easier" impact after the SubIx one.

Edit: I noticed that AsciiAppend now has 5, as does one of the oldest ones on there about customising the display of the ribbon.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

I don't think anyone will ever stand a chance catch Alan in the number of requests but everyone who frequents here should head over and case a vote (or 2 or 3 or 4). There are a few RFEs raised which have been long term irritants for all TM1 users.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
digger
OLAP Product: TM1 and Cognos BI
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by digger »

Voted.
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Posting new Ideas (formerly RFE's) can be done through this link:

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new
richlion2
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2-0-62
Excel Version: 2016

Post by richlion2 »

This site is no longer available:
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

richlion2 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:54 am This site is no longer available:
That's why it's always best to read the most recent post in threads like this; like George's post immediately above yours which gives the new address.
gtonkin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 am Posting new Ideas (formerly RFE's) can be done through this link:

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new
-----------