TM1 Consultant: Possible Small Project

Discuss / promote job opportunities for any OLAP / BI tool here.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Consultant: Possible Small Project

Post by Steve Vincent »

I haven't got a usable requirements specification yet, but there is a requirement coming up that i may not be able to discharge due to clashes with other work which may result in offloading the task to a consultant instead.

It will be on TM1 (9.0) and is based upon resource capability management, so will be a break from the usual financial planning that a lot of TM1 systems cover. It will have links (shared dimensions etc) in to the existing models i look after, but is different enough to most likely require its own solution rather than embedded in what we've got. Difficult to gauge the timescale without having a spec document that i can understand, but the raw TM1 part is likely to be relatively straight forward with data input via some type of Excel template, and a host of graphs etc to come out the back end. It will be a requirement to cover the whole project so it will need someone to create the input templates and graphical outputs, not just the TM1 side of things.

Unsure of duration but maybe 2-4 weeks work, depending upon the complexity of some of the data and outputs. Client is wishing to start using it in anger Jan 2010 but the sooner something gets done and tested the better (possible desire to dry run it alongside some of our existing models in Sept), hence possible issues with my time. If anyone thinks they might like that challenge and has a good knowledge of TM1 and Excel, please PM me. Nothing is firm yet but i can pass names on when / if the time comes - this is just a way to sound out possible alternatives should i not be able to do the work myself.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet