Is it possible to open a PAW report in PAX?

Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Is it possible to open a PAW report in PAX?

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi,
Can someone let us know if PAW reports can be opened in PAX? I know we can open PAX reports published to PAW and can be opened.

Thanks,
Paul.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Is it possible to open a PAW report in PAX?

Post by Wim Gielis »

No. What is your use case ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Paul-TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi Wim,
Thanks for responding.
We have a few PAW books created in PAW and want to open them from PAX. The reports have attributes displaying along with measures.

Thanks,
Paul.
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

You could conceivably take the MDX from the exploration widgets and reuse within PAfE but that is likely all.
Attributes may need to be added separately or derived as calculated members, depending on what you were doing.
No action buttons, selectors etc. You would need to redo in PAfE.

These articles may help...
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Paul-TM1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 pm We have a few PAW books created in PAW and want to open them from PAX. The reports have attributes displaying along with measures.
It's a completely different UI. Sure you could recreate a PAW book in Excel with the same content and layout but you would be recreating it.

You could have a hyperlink in Excel to open PAW, but I believe as of now PAW doesn't yet have a URL API which could navigate the user to the exact tab in the book and set all the title element context to be the same.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Adam
OLAP Product: IBM PA
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Microsoft 365 x64

Post by Adam »

Paul-TM1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 pmThe reports have attributes displaying along with measures.
Is what you're actually looking for displaying multiple attributes next to element in PAFE? Unfortunately MDX-based views (i.e. Quick Report, Exploration) don't support that. It is quite annoying because you can create a cube view in PAW with Attributes and then export to Quick Report and the Attributes aren't there or the view errors out.
I've started blogging about TM1, check it out: www.havaslabs.com

Take care,
Adam
JohnO
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Office 365 16

Post by JohnO »

Paul-TM1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:59 pm Hi,
Can someone let us know if PAW reports can be opened in PAX? I know we can open PAX reports published to PAW and can be opened.

Thanks,
Paul.
You may mean opening PAW "views" in PAfE. A PAW view being something that contains more than a MDX statement. One or more PAW views can reside on a tab in a PAW book. A PAW view can be saved separately using the save button that appears when you click on the view. You can also "save to server" which means saving a MDX view to the TM1 server.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/planning-an ... tent-store

In order to do this you need to change a setting in the PAW.ps1 script in the config subdirectory

$env:ENABLE_VIEW_EXCHANGE="true"

I actually tried to do this last week but it has not worked for me, but our environment may not be correct.

I have used this option elsewhere and Stuart King actually made a comment about it in the last AMA.