Adding a New User in Paw - not appearing

chewza
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 7

Adding a New User in Paw - not appearing

Post by chewza »

Hi there

I have tried to go through the process of adding a new user in PAW. So, at first glance it seems to work fine - did the csv thing with login ID etc etc, with Directive of ADD. Under Administration, I can see the user there. Happy days. However, if I go to "Manage users and groups" (in a workbench, and clicking on the 3 dots next to the model name), the user doesn't appear. I can see all the current users and groups (set up in Architect) but cannot see the new user.

Any idea?

Regards
Chris
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: Adding a New User in Paw - not appearing

Post by ascheevel »

PAW users and TM1 server users are separate entities. You succeeded in adding the user to PAW but have not added the user to a TM1 server yet. If you're mode 5 with CAM, the user will add automatically to the }Clients dim when they log on to a server. Alternatively, you can manually add them to the }Clients dim and then setup up group assignments in }ClientGroups.
MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by MarenC »

Hi,

One thing to be aware of is that the new user must have logged into PAW before they are visible in the users and groups part. At least, that is what I believe.

So, I would ask the user to confirm they have logged in. If they have never logged in I believe they won't be visible.

Maren
chewza

Post by chewza »

Thx Guys
chewza

Post by chewza »

Another question - so if we are using CAM, they user will automatically get added when they first log in. So good news here.
But what if you need to add/remove Tm1 groups? Sounds like you will still need to use architect, and cannot therefore completely ditch it for PAW?
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

chewza wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:29 pm Another question - so if we are using CAM, they user will automatically get added when they first log in. So good news here.
But what if you need to add/remove Tm1 groups? Sounds like you will still need to use architect, and cannot therefore completely ditch it for PAW?
You can use TI to add the users, add groups, delete groups, assign users to groups (if not using latest PAW) etc. just not as "pretty" as Architects interface.