Dynamic Rpt - Supress Rows Based on Measure in 1st Col only

chewza
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 7

Dynamic Rpt - Supress Rows Based on Measure in 1st Col only

Post by chewza »

Hi there

I have a Dynamic Report with multiple nested rows, and 2 Measure columns.
For illustrative purposes, example as follows:
Row Dim1
Row Dim2
Row Dim3
Col Measure 1 (e.g. Sales Value)
Col Measure 2 (e.g. Description)

What I am looking for is a way for the report to run and suppress zeros based on Sales value only.
At the moment, as soon as I add the description column, I get all rows returned where a description is present. I only want rows to be returned where there is a Sales value (and for the description to be for those rows).

In Perspectives, using DBR (instead of DBRW) after the first column seemed to work. Does not seem to do the trick here.Any ideas?

Many thx
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Dynamic Rpt - Supress Rows Based on Measure in 1st Col only

Post by tomok »

chewza wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:25 pm Hi there

I have a Dynamic Report with multiple nested rows, and 2 Measure columns.
For illustrative purposes, example as follows:
Row Dim1
Row Dim2
Row Dim3
Col Measure 1 (e.g. Sales Value)
Col Measure 2 (e.g. Description)

What I am looking for is a way for the report to run and suppress zeros based on Sales value only.
At the moment, as soon as I add the description column, I get all rows returned where a description is present. I only want rows to be returned where there is a Sales value (and for the description to be for those rows).

In Perspectives, using DBR (instead of DBRW) after the first column seemed to work. Does not seem to do the trick here.Any ideas?

Many thx
I would leave the dynamic report only covering the first three dimensions (the rows) and then just the Sales Value. I would then add a new DBRW in the next column and have it refer to a completely different VIEW statement, specifically for this one measure, so that it is not a part of the rest of the report. Make sure the extra column is covered in the definition of the TM1RPTFMTRNG. When the report refreshes this extra column should get copied down the rows and not trigger the zero suppression on Description.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/