TM1RPTROW issue

subha.cognos
OLAP Product: PA 2.0.3 (TM1)
Version: 2.0.3
Excel Version: 2016

TM1RPTROW issue

Post by subha.cognos »

Dear All:

Immediate help is really appreciated. kindly assist me if it is correct mdx or not.

I have active form input template where I filter using MDX to show the Outlets that outlets are active, no rule applied OUTLETS using the TM1RPTROW which is perfectly working. but I am adding the one filter where attribute is NON-Dummy then the TM1RPTROW is not showing any outlets.

Working formula:
=TM1RPTROW($B$9,"PLANNING:OUTLETS","","","Alias",0,"{FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].{Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")}")

$C$13 is my account dimension reference. $C$16 is my OUTLETS dimension parent.

when I add another filter where my TRANE is equal to "NON-Dummy". it is not working.
=TM1RPTROW($B$9,"PLANNING:OUTLETS","","","Alias",0,"{FILTER({FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].{Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")},[OUTLETS].[TRANE]=""NON- Dummy"")}")

kindly let me know if my TM1RPTROW is correct?
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: TM1RPTROW issue

Post by gtonkin »

Could it be as simple as the space in "NON- Dummy"?
subha.cognos

Post by subha.cognos »

Thanks gtonkin. I figured out the issue. I added the "s" in TRANE (make unique Trane attribute) because I have one of the dimension name is TRANE and my attribute name is TRANE in the OUTLETS dimension. so renamed the attribute name to OUTLET dimension as TRANEs then it worked.

=TM1RPTROW($B$9,"PLANNING:OUTLETS","","","Alias",0,"{FILTER({FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].{Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")},[OUTLETS].[TRANEs]=""NON- Dummy"")}")

But another issue I came across. I need to make the dynamic selection on the TRANEs (it is selection for users on the top). based on user selection ( user can select TRANEs as NON-Dummy or Dummy or Dummy.New) then my outlets should show accordingly. so I am refereeing it to $C$17 since TRANE dimension is selection to users. but it is not showing up any outlets. can you please let me know if my formula is appropriate?

New RPT:
=TM1RPTROW($B$9,"PLANNING:OUTLETS","","","Alias",0,"{FILTER({FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].{Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")},[OUTLETS].[TRANEs]=""$C$17"")}")
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,

Its pretty challenging to debug MDX without the system in front of you.
I'd suggest the following.

1. Set up a distinct cell that holds the Excel formula that is delivering the MDX statement. i.e. This piece

="{FILTER({FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].{Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")},[OUTLETS].[TRANEs]=""NON- Dummy"")}"

2. Refer to this cell in the TM1RptRow formula.

This way you will have an excel cell that will deliver the complete MDX statement that you can read and debug. You should always be able to paste this into the expression / MDX window of the set editor and see if it is valid (versus valid but returning 0 rows).

Hope this helps
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9

Post by burnstripe »

I can see one typo here
[OUTLETS].{Active Status]

Should be
[OUTLETS].[Active Status]
subha.cognos

Post by subha.cognos »

Thank you burnstripe. it was typo while I am typing it.

do you have any suggestions how to call the subnm function selection (user selection) in the mdx in below bolded syntax?

=TM1RPTROW($B$9,"PLANNING:OUTLETS","","","Alias",0,"{FILTER({FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].[Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")},
[OUTLETS].[TRANEs]=""$C$17"")}")

where $C$17 is SUBNM in the top selection for user.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

You need to chop up the MDX string and concatenate the different pieces with the ampersand character &

This is no different compared to regular Excel formulas where you would do the same, so I guess this information should be sufficient to get it working.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
subha.cognos

Post by subha.cognos »

Hi Wim Gielis,

could you please do needful if this it is correct? I tired various options but didnot work. could you please some light on it.

=TM1RPTROW($B$9,"PLANNING:OUTLETS","","","Alias",0,"{FILTER({FILTER({FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL({TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER({[OUTLETS].["&IF($C$13="No Account selected","",$C$16)&"]},ALL,RECURSIVE)},0)},[OUTLETS].[Active Status]=""Y"")},[OUTLETS].[NO RULE]="""")},
[OUTLETS].[TRANEs]="&$C$17&")}")
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

In the bold part at the end, I don't understand why you would get rid of the double quotes around the cell contents of cell C17. Do you assume that you can just do without them ?
Did you test in the Set Editor / Subset Editor that your MDX works ?
The $ signs around cell C17 are useless.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly