TM1 hierarchy multi

mrdauduong
OLAP Product: Planning analytics
Version: PA 2.0.74.23
Excel Version: Excel 2016

TM1 hierarchy multi

Post by mrdauduong »

Hi everyone,

I have 5 years experiences with TM1, but i am still a newbie on the new version of TM1 (Planning Analytics Workspace).

I have an client who want to make a fusion with their affiliate (in terme of TM1) but they want to keep all structure of affiliate (they will fusion soon but right now, they want to make a slow move)

there are a lot of work, then i try to make my question as simple as possible.

Then they want to make a dimension like "Company_account" with all the account of group but with the different hierarchy.

for exemple :

- 1 hierarchy Total with all account
- 1 hierarchy Total_Company with all account of holding company (structured by holding company)
- 1 hierarchy Total_Affiliate for each Affiliate with all account of each affiliate (Structured by each affiliate)

Usually, i just create a lot of consolided element then try to make something like photo "hierarchy - real hierarchy"

One of my friend tell me that from now, TM1 can do a multi hierary virtuel that work only on PAW but it work very well and i have to try.

Then i make a research about that, i found that we can use this function if we dont have so much need for active form (as can do almost all my old report to PAW exploration view).

My plan is make a dimension with a Total element with all account, then for each account, i will put some attribut that help me create all the hierary virtuel by TI.

as i never use before, please give me a feedback about this function on PAW !

- if i create a new hierarchy virtuel in a old dimension, will it affected my old TI process and my old rules? ( i ask this question because i read in a article that we have to put hierarchy reference to make rule work (for exemple not DimensionName:ElementName but DimensionName:HierarchyName:ElementName)

- why we should use hierarchy virtuel? what beneficial that i have compare to old systeme ? (consolided hierarchy)

- what is the best pratice for this?

- is my plan good enough to maintain the hierarchy virtuel?

Thank a lot for all help!!

cross-posted in IBM community https://community.ibm.com/community/use ... 4eda43146b
Attachments
hierarchy - real hierarchy .png
hierarchy - real hierarchy .png (11.99 KiB) Viewed 1529 times