picklist solution in tm1

mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Applix,Cognos TM!
Version: applix9.0Cognos tm1 9.5.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010 2007

picklist solution in tm1

Post by mincharug.shulft »

Dear TM1 Experts, I need immediate help. kindly do needful.

I have a "Budget" Cube. using this cube we have developed an input form. in the input form, one of the columns is demand type. the demand type will be dropped down (picklist) for users to choose from. another column is Priority Topics. if the user chooses the demand type as "Structural" then the "Priority topics" column should show only the A, B, C, and D. if the user chooses the demand type as "UnStructural" then priority topics" should show only the E, F, G elements as dropdown for users to choose.

Demand Type dimension elements are Structural and UnStructural.
Priority Topics dimension elements are A,B,C,D,E,F,G

I tried using the picklist created but I can apply a single picklist for a single measure. but I need to apply a picklist based on the Demand Type user can see the Priority Topics.

please suggest how to handle this scenario?
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: picklist solution in tm1

Post by burnstripe »

You can create a picklist cube, and on the picklist cube put a rule in place so if...
Demand is blank do nothing
Demand is structural point the rule to a, b, c, d
Demand is unstructural point the rule to e, f, g

In the rule you can specify a static list or subset, just like you can in a picklist attribute.

There is also a setting in tm1web to recalc on picklist change, if this is the interface, you may wish to enable this parameter to improve the user experience
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

Thank you so much setting in tm1web to recalc on picklist change. I will try that out and let you know. it is for the TM1 Web interface. users will access the input form from the TM1web. Could you please let me know if any IBM link where I can refer to see the setting in tm1web to recalc on picklist change?
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

Thank you so much setting in tm1web to recalc on picklist change. I will try that out and let you know. it is for the TM1 Web interface. users will access the input form from the TM1web. Could you please let me know if any IBM link where I can refer to see the setting in tm1web to recalc on picklist change?
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Look in your tm1web_config for a key called RecalcOnPicklistChange and set to true
There is also RecalcOnDataValidationChange
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

Hi burnstripe, thank you for the additional details.

while writing the rule, i am facing an issue.

in my Budget cube, I have 6 dimensions. names are
1. Demand number
2.Dep
3.FYear
4.Scenarios
5.Demand version
6. Versions

in my versions dimension, I have measures as "Demand Type", and "Priority Types" where I need to apply a picklist to these two measures. these two measures dimensions are outside the cube with the combination of the elements below.

Demand Type dimension elements are Structural and UnStructural.
Priority Topics dimension elements are A,B,C,D,E,F,G

as per you suggested, I have created a picklist cube for the Budget cube. and then I am trying to create a rule on the "Priority Types" line item.

['Priority Types']=S:IF(!Demand Type @='Structural', subset:Priority Types:pcklist,"");

rule is not saved and throwing an error that rule is having the logical error. please suggest.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

mincharug.shulft wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:15 am ['Priority Types']=S:IF(!Demand Type @='Structural', subset:Priority Types:pcklist,"");

rule is not saved and throwing an error that rule is having the logical error. please suggest.
You mentioned that "Demand Type" will also be selected by users as a picklist. So instead of pulling from the !Dimension notation which doesn't work as its not part of the cube you would replace it with a DB to the cell where the user selects the first picklist.

You also in the code sample you provided have issues with the quotes which would cause it to not save.

Code: Select all

['Priority Types']=S:IF( DB ( 'MyCube', !Dim1, !Dim2, !Dim3, 'Demand Type' ) @='Structural', 'subset:Priority Types:SubsetforStructural','subset:Priority Types:SubsetforUnstructural');
Declan Rodger