TM1 Rest API as a specific user

tm123
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Rest API as a specific user

Post by tm123 »

Hello,

I am trying use TM1 Rest API in order to allow users to extract some data/metadata stored in a TM1 model (Cubes, dimensions) and display that data into a web interface.

We have SecurityMode=1 with LDAP, and I would like to have a delegated User ID that has all the required access to the TM1 Cubes and DImensions in order to retrieve the data.

Is there a way to store the login information in a config.ini file (similar to what is used for TM1Py) so that all users who execute a TM1 Rest API call use the login stored in that file?

Thank you
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 Rest API as a specific user

Post by lotsaram »

Yes of course it's possible you just need to develop it.

But what you are proposing sounds like a direct contravention of licensing requirements as this would in effect be a live query of TM1 using a fixed account rather than a personal account.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
vovanenok
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 Rest API as a specific user

Post by vovanenok »

What client/application will be calling TM1 REST API? If it is a web page, you can create a small login form and then pass the credentials in Authorization REST API request header. You can go further and implement some way of storing the credentials (encrypted cookies, browser local storage, external database, etc.). It really depends on your objectives
----------
TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
Let's connect on LinkedIn