Cubewise Developer Credential

bubidibabadi
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2, Planning Analytics wit
Excel Version: 2010

Cubewise Developer Credential

Post by bubidibabadi »

Hello guys.

Has anybody here taken the cubewise Tm1 Credential Exam? Is it seen as a valuable credential in the industry?

https://cubewise.com/credential/

Thank you.
Regards,
bubidi.
FlyingMum
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Cubewise Developer Credential

Post by FlyingMum »

I have completed the Cubewise Developer credential.

As a team leader, if I were recruiting right now, I would choose someone that had completed this credential.
20 Ton Squirrel
Version: Planning Analytics with Watson
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by 20 Ton Squirrel »

FlyingMum wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:27 am I have completed the Cubewise Developer credential.

As a team leader, if I were recruiting right now, I would choose someone that had completed this credential.
@FlyingMum, would you take the Cubewise credential over the IBM credential? I'm curious how valuable the "baseline" credential is worth. ;)
War teaches us geography, getting old teaches us biology.
FlyingMum
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Post by FlyingMum »

Late reply on this. I would not rate the IBM credential at all. Multiple choice vs a real world development. Huge difference. No googling the answers with the Cubewise Credential.

I am recruiting for a position right now. If the applicant had the Cubewise Credential, they would easily get shortlisted by me.
20 Ton Squirrel
Version: Planning Analytics with Watson
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by 20 Ton Squirrel »

Late but still a relevant response!

I have not completed the Cubewise evaluation but I've been developing for about 4 years. I stepped into the mire of IBM's big shifts to their business model and development for Planning Analytics. It is fascinating to observe the product's evolution. The surface-level stuff like PAfE and PAW is always churning but the underlying server-side stuff hasn't changed much at all (aside from hierarchies).

All that change makes it interesting to see what recruiters are looking for. It isn't enough to simply know how to write rules. You gotta be able to…
  • Make cubes interact with one another efficiently
  • Make cubes interact with external stuff like TM1Py, SQL databases, or REST API
  • Build proper interface in Excel (added bonus/curse if you can write VBA)
  • Build proper interface in PAW
I don't see much out there for training on those ephemeral concepts and the documentation is sparse. Sure, there are step-by-step instructions for building a report but everything I've developed so far required something slightly outside of what IBM offers out of the box. Makes me wonder if those training courses are worth anything outside of basics. I would opt for experience over credentials.
War teaches us geography, getting old teaches us biology.