Automated Server Restart - IBM Cloud

tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Automated Server Restart - IBM Cloud

Post by tomok »

Has anyone tried and gotten to work doing an automated server restart on an IBM Cloud TM1 server using a Net Start and Net Stop command? I've tried working on it and I can get the command to execute without any error messages but nothing happens. I'm theorizing that it isn't working either because 1) I don't have the service name correct or 2) the account TM1 is running under does not have Admin access to the Cloud server. I realize I can stop and start the service with PAW but I was looking to do it via a chore so it can be scheduled overnight.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
ascheevel
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: Automated Server Restart - IBM Cloud

Post by ascheevel »

Haven't tried that on Cloud, I just submitted a P4 ticket noting which server to restart, the interval, and they set it up on their end.
Hypnogoat
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Re: Automated Server Restart - IBM Cloud

Post by Hypnogoat »

Raised this a few times with the ops team but simple answer is no, it seems to be impossible to do as end user due to the account not having admin access (including via Cognos Command Centre) which IBM Ops wouldn't allow.

In the end, we managed to get the Ops team to schedule a chron job to do a recurring schedule restart on our primary instance but hardly the netstop/start functionality you'd normally get on prem.