citrix crashes with ISB view

mato
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2013

citrix crashes with ISB view

Post by mato »

Dear All,

We have problem in our environment with ISB view via Perspectives in citrix. View can be opened without any problem, but when I hover my mouse cursor over title dimensions “buttons” to open subset editor (cells A2 and A3) then cursor starts blinking and citrix window is frozen and when I click when cursor is still blinking then citrix window stops responding and crashes(please see picture below). After that I can only close program and when I open Perspectives from citrix again then previous session is still there and situation repeats. If I don’t leave my cursor on those buttons and I quickly click to open subset editor then sometimes I am fast enough and subset editor opens.

I tested several versions of citrix workspace app. Our users have mostly 19.12.1000.1063(1912) which causes this problems. I tested it also with 21.02.0.25 (2102) which works better, but doesn’t solve blinking cursor and citrix crash completely. In the past we experienced similar problems with citrix receiver and also some versions were better than others.

Problem occurs only with ISB view, custom reports works fine.

Have you seen this before? Is there anything that can be set on citrix side or tm1 side?

Thank you for your help.

Matej

Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: citrix crashes with ISB view

Post by Paul Segal »

I'm afraid you're not going to get a lot of traction on this question - Citrix/Perspectives is a bit of a burning platform all-in-all.

What happens if you straight RDP into the server, or even directly on the server? Do the ISB views work in Excel there? If so, it's a Citrix issue, and there's not many people firefighting those at the moment - speaking as someone who just moved our environment off Citrix.
Paul
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Looking back I believe the ISB has not been supported since TM1 10.x:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2119
Quite surprising to hear it still works sometimes!
mato

Post by mato »

@Paul I know, but it’s worth the shot and maybe someone had similar problems in the past. Btw did you move completely to PAW or do you distribute PAX locally?

@David, it works quite well except this problem.

I tested Perspectives on my local PC and also directly on the server and actually mouse cursor is blinking/flashing/flickering there as well. So it looks like citrix cannot handle this. But the questions is if this blinking cursor can be somehow fixed directly in excel or if there is any setting in citrix that can handle it and prevent citrix from crashing.
mato

Post by mato »

We found out that citrix workspace setting has some impact on the behavior of the HDX/Workspace App. Options "Yes" and "No" solves this issue but we don’t have more details at the moment or even any further explanation why it fails with TM1 when the last option is selected.

Can anybody explain what is different between those options and why it has impact on Perspectives?