TM1 C# RestAPI - Recive Passport from BI Gateway?

HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

TM1 C# RestAPI - Recive Passport from BI Gateway?

Post by HighKeys »

Hello Community,

i have a question which i can't find online, so i will open up a new topic.

Does anybody already tried to Login the TM1 via SSO BI Gateway per RestAPI? Or anybody has an idea how to do that?

May open a browser, use the autologin and check the cookies for the passport?

Thanks and BR
ascheevel
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: TM1 C# RestAPI - Recive Passport from BI Gateway?

Post by ascheevel »

I know C# is in the header so this might not be what you're looking for, but TM1PY can authenticate with SSO if you supply a gateway parameter in the connection string. There are some prerequisites like only being supported with Windows though. Looking at your post history, it looks like you have experience getting the CAM Passport cookie from hitting the gateway with username & password, so won't waste your time suggesting an approach that prompts the user for username/password if what you're looking for is SSO. I don't have any experience in C# and have no suggestions for you, but I'm guessing some google fu on C# and SSO might give you some ideas/examples.
HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 C# RestAPI - Recive Passport from BI Gateway?

Post by HighKeys »

Hi ascheevel!

Thanks for your response, thanks for the hint with TM1py, i will check them out, as i know its open source so may i can port the part to my C# project.

And i found i can trigger python in C# so may i can combine them :)
ascheevel wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:51 pm Looking at your post history, it looks like you have experience getting the CAM Passport cookie from hitting the gateway with username & password, so won't waste your time suggesting an approach that prompts the user for username/password if what you're looking for is SSO. I don't have any experience in C# and have no suggestions for you, but I'm guessing some google fu on C# and SSO might give you some ideas/examples.

Yes since i joined here (nearly the same day i first see Tm1/PA and the other IBM Cognos components), i got some experience with the CAM Auth and the Gateway, was hard to lern but i think i got it :lol:

At the moment i just build a Framework for future projects, so i added all rest calls in c# and serialized them in objects for easy handling, last thing missnig is the SSO over the Gateway, so thanks again for the hint with tm1py. (I have to learn python i think, lot of useful stuff there)

BR