Subset having a cube of parameters

aleferrer
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007 STARDAND

Subset having a cube of parameters

Post by aleferrer »

Hello everyone,

I have a process that creates a subset in a dimension from some parameters defined in a source cube.

This is my code:

vANOINI=CellGetS('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA','Aplicar Filtros','Ano Inicial');

vANOFIN=CellGetS('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA','Aplicar Filtros','Ano Final');

SubsetDeleteAllElements('04.Ano', 'ANO_EM_PROCESSAMENTO');

vCONT=1;

vCONT=ATTRN('04.Ano',vANOINI,'ANO_NUMBER');

vIND=1;

vANO=vANOINI;

WHILE (vCONT <= ATTRN('04.Ano',vANOFIN,'ANO_NUMBER'));

IF(ATTRN('04.Ano',vANO,'ANO_NUMBER') > 0, SubsetElementInsert('04.Ano', 'ANO_EM_PROCESSAMENTO', vANO, vIND), 0);

vANO = DNEXT('04.Ano',vANO);

vCONT = vCONT + 1;

vIND = vIND + 1;

END;

CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA is my cube where the parameters are informed.

I had to recreate this cube and add two new dimensions to it:

02.Canal_Expenses and 02.Companies_Group.

My code became this:

vANOINI = CellGetS ('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA', 'Apply Filters', vCANAL, vEMPRESASGRUPO, 'Starting Year');

vANOFIN = CellGetS ('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA', 'Apply Filters', vCANAL, vEMPRESASGRUPO, 'Final Year');

SubsetDeleteAllElements ('04 .Ano ',' ANO_EM_PROCESSAMENTO ');

vCONT = 1;

vCONT = ATTRN ('04 .Year ', vANOINI,' ANO_NUMBER ');

vIND = 1;

vANO = vANOINI;

WHILE (vCONT <= ATTRN ('04 .Year ', vANOFIN,' ANO_NUMBER '));

IF (ATTRN ('04 .Year ', vANO,' ANO_NUMBER ')> 0, SubsetElementInsert ('04 .Year', 'YEAR_EM_PROCESSING', vANO, vIND), 0);

vANO = DNEXT ('04 .Year ', vANO);

vCONT = vCONT + 1;

vIND = vIND + 1;

END;

But when running the process he informs me that he is not finding the dimensions of 02.Canal_Despens and 02.Empresas_Grupo.

In my data source I have the variables related to the dimensions mentioned.

I believe it is something very simple, but I ran the forum and did not find or could not read similar to this case.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Subset having a cube of parameters

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
Suggest you post the whole TI and the whole error message.

The error message should have the line number and tab of the error in the log, which lines is this?

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
aleferrer

Post by aleferrer »

Steve Rowe wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm Hi,
Suggest you post the whole TI and the whole error message.

The error message should have the line number and tab of the error in the log, which lines is this?

Cheers,
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your help

Cod TI:

vANOINI=CellGetS('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA','Aplicar Filtros',vCANAL_DESPESAS,vGRUPO_ECONOMICO,'Ano Inicial');

vANOFIN=CellGetS('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA','Aplicar Filtros',vCANAL_DESPESAS,vGRUPO_ECONOMICO,'Ano Final');

SubsetDeleteAllElements('04.Ano', 'ANO_EM_PROCESSAMENTO');

vCONT=1;

vCONT=ATTRN('04.Ano',vANOINI,'ANO_NUMBER');

vIND=1;

vANO=vANOINI;

WHILE (vCONT <= ATTRN('04.Ano',vANOFIN,'ANO_NUMBER'));

IF(ATTRN('04.Ano',vANO,'ANO_NUMBER') > 0, SubsetElementInsert('04.Ano', 'ANO_EM_PROCESSAMENTO', vANO, vIND), 0);

vANO = DNEXT('04.Ano',vANO);

vCONT = vCONT + 1;

vIND = vIND + 1;

END;

Error Log: Error: Prolog procedure line (10): Invalid key: Dimension Name: "02.Canal_Despesas", Element Name (Key): ""

vANOINI is line 10 where it is giving the error in the process.

My source is another cube. In this process I need to create this subset based on the parameters informed. In the prolog tab I run this code so that it creates the subset only with the elements defined in the parameter and then in the data I apply the rules to load the data only in the elements defined in the parameter and created in the subset.
The variables vCANAL_DESPESAS and vGRUPO_ECONOMICO are variables in my source cube, I am convinced that with them it will not work, but I cannot make the process see these two dimensions (Channel of Expenses and Group Companies) within my CellGet.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

So this is the offending line of code?:

Code: Select all

vANOINI=CellGetS('CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA','Aplicar Filtros',vCANAL_DESPESAS,vGRUPO_ECONOMICO,'Ano Inicial');
I am assuming that the dimension 02.Canal_Despesas is the second dimension in the CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA cube, correct? If so, the error message is telling you that the value in variable vCANAL_DESPESAS is an empty string which is why the CellGetS is erroring out.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
aleferrer

Post by aleferrer »

tomok wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 pm So this is the offending line of code?:

Code: Select all

I am assuming that the dimension 02.Canal_Despesas is the second dimension in the CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA cube, correct? If so, the error message is telling you that the value in variable vCANAL_DESPESAS is an empty string which is why the CellGetS is erroring out.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your help.

By the log, yes.
02.Canal_Expenses is the second dimension of the CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA cube.
What I can't understand is that 02.Canal_Despens comes with an empty string message, however it is a dimension with elements contained in the cube CMU.PARAMETROS_CARGA
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

As tomok said, your variable vCANAL_DESPESAS is blank. Where in the Prolog are you setting a value for that variable? I didn't see anything in the code you've posted, are they parameters?
aleferrer

Post by aleferrer »

ascheevel wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:12 pm As tomok said, your variable vCANAL_DESPESAS is blank. Where in the Prolog are you setting a value for that variable? I didn't see anything in the code you've posted, are they parameters?
Hello ascheevel,

Thank you for your help.

I am using the variables from my source cube.
Attachments
var.jpg
var.jpg (165.92 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Showing us a picture of the Variables tab only proves that it is not blank for the first record in the dataset. Have you confirmed that ALL the records in the dataset have a value in vCANAL_DESPESAS? All it takes is one record to cause the error. While you're at it. Please show us the the entire line from the error log, not just a snippet. That line will tell you the record number where the blank occurs. Are you new to TM1?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

aleferrer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 am I am using the variables from my source cube.
This is the error message you posted: Error Log: Error: Prolog procedure line (10): Invalid key: Dimension Name: "02.Canal_Despesas", Element Name (Key): ""

Prolog executes before the datasource is evaluated, so unless you're explicitly defining a value for vCANAL_DESPESAS in the Prolog tab, the variable will be blank until the first record of the datasource is read in the metadata/data tabs.