Advertisements, add-ons and other commercial information
bgregs
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 2016

TM1 Syntax File for VIM

Post by bgregs »

Hi Everyone!

I may be the only one on the planet that uses VIM as their go-to text editor, but in case there are others, hopefully this syntax highlighter helps! I threw this together a little over a year ago for basic "quality of life" improvements when looking at .pro files in VIM, and it seems to help with some basic readability improvements.

https://github.com/bgregs514/tm1.vim

This currently only supports .pro files (see github README for more details), but I do plan on extending it to .rux files when I get some free time (and interest) to dig into it again. Feel free to use it, modify it, or ignore it! My only ask is that if you come up with something useful, please submit a pull request so we can add it to the main repository.

Thanks, and hope it's useful to someone!
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: TM1 Syntax File for VIM

Post by gtonkin »

There are two of us who use VIM :mrgreen: and possibly only two of us silly enough to directly edit .pro files.
Thanks for sharing - will have a look and feedback what I can.
PavoGa
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Re: TM1 Syntax File for VIM

Post by PavoGa »

gtonkin wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:01 pm There are two of us who use VIM :mrgreen: and possibly only two of us silly enough to directly edit .pro files.
Thanks for sharing - will have a look and feedback what I can.
FWIW, I told bgregs I was an old vi guy in the UNIX/dumb terminal past, but Notepad++ is my buddy for the last few years. Never used vim.
Ty
Cleveland, TN