Licensing for PAW

macsir
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Licensing for PAW

Post by macsir »

Hi, just want to confirm before upgrading from 10.2.2.
1. Is the licensing for PAW server PVU-based? If not, does that mean I can use more powerful CPU and more CPU cores for it? And doesn't matter if it is physical or VM box?
2. We have purchased additional PAW add-on licenses for users. So as long as we are under the max allowed user counts on PAW server(e.g. 100 read users, 50 read+write users and 5 admin users), we should have no licensing issue?
3. Is PAW server required to install the client for IBM’s Licence Metric Tool, ILMT? If not, the PAW administrator just need to provide user report with user numbers to IBM when auditing?
Sorry, I know lots of questions to ask.
This PAW component is very new stuff and if anyone has experienced with audit for it or can share some knowledge on it, it would be great. Thanks.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Re: Licensing for PAW

Post by lotsaram »

This is not a question for here.

This is something only your IBM rep or partner can answer as they are the only ones with knowledge of the specific deal and contract. Each license setup can be different.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Bakkone
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Bakkone »

With that said... we also bought the PAW add-ons for every user.

OUR license agreement was that only the data server was PVU based. So we put PAW on a separate server. We also put Cognos Analytics, TM1web etc on a separate server. This way all the PVU performance could go to the data-server.

And we had an audit and they seemed to agree with that setup.

But as lotsaram said, I've come across all sorts of weird agreements where this would not be the case.
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9

Post by macsir »

Thanks for your advice, guys.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/