TM1Web - Can't access TM1web page

capovan
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

TM1Web - Can't access TM1web page

Post by capovan »

Hi,

After installing TM1 9.5.2 and TM1Web in Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition. The TM1Web page (http://machinename/tm1web/tm1weblogin.aspx) can't open. Show the next error: HTTP 404 Not Found. The Webpage cannot be found.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Capovan
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1Web - Can't access TM1web page

Post by Alan Kirk »

capovan wrote: After installing TM1 9.5.2 and TM1Web in Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition. The TM1Web page (http://machinename/tm1web/tm1weblogin.aspx) can't open. Show the next error: HTTP 404 Not Found. The Webpage cannot be found.
I know that this is asking the blindingly obvious, but:
(a) In the real link, have you definitely replaced "machinename" with the real computer name?
(b) Have you tried pinging that name to see whether the network is recognising it correctly? (That is, opening a command prompt and typing

Code: Select all

ping machinename
(with "machinename" being replaced by the real one of course) to see whether you get a response?)
(c) Have you looked at the server's IIS Manager (should be Start -> Programs -> Administative Tools unless something has changed in your edition) to see that:
- The TM1Web site path is actually pointing to the TM1Web folder under wwwroot; and
- The login page file in question is actually there?

It's been a while since I last set up or ran Web on a 2003 server but if I recall correctly you also need to make sure that the Enable Default Content Page (on the web site's Properties dialog's Documents tab) is enabled. (Don't quote me on this last point.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
capovan

Post by capovan »

This issue was resolved in the following way:

In the IIS Manger, in the Web Service Extensions folder need to add a new Web service extension: ASP. NET v2.0.50727 (aspnet_isapi.dll).

Finally restart the Default Web Site

Thanks,

Capovan
capovan

Post by capovan »

Thanks Alan Kirk. I used the real computer name and I make sure the Enable Default Contenr Page (TM1WebLogin.aspx) is enabled.

Thanks for the help :)
cjshown
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1

Post by cjshown »

I had this issue today with a different solution...

I could access TM1Web URL from the local server, but not from remote servers. Also, even TM1Web on the local server could not pull up a PA Service Instance to log into (which is hosted on a different server).

Because I could ping the servers successfully but can't communicate to the specific services, I figured it had to do with the ports - and in fact it did. In a working instance, the Windows Firewall had inbound and outbound port rules called "IBM Planning Analytics." Our failing server had no such rules. As such, we created an inbound and outbound rule on every server hosting PA software.

This link about blocking/opening ports was easy to follow: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-op ... 8-firewall. Basically we searched "Windows Firewall," got to advanced settings, and "Add new" rules for both inbound and outbound.

Add new
> Port
> TCP
> Specific Local Ports: we put in every PA port we know, but I don't know what actually is required for the different components to speak to each other. e.g.: 5495, 5498, 9510, <tm1 service port>, <tm1 service http port>
> Allow the connection
> Apply rule ... you decide, but we selected all Domain, Private, and Public. The server will only ever be connected to its corporate domain
> Name: IBM Planning Analytics, or w/e

Please correct me if I'm not implementing best practice above. I'm not an IT person. I just get by.