Excel Version: 2013

IBM PA 2.0.6

Post by Rtel »

Hello,

1) what is the difference between

IBM Planning Analytics Local 2.0.6
IBM Planning Analytics Advanced 2.0.6
IBM Planning Analytics Express 2.0.6

2) What are the Valid port numbers to use in IBM PA ?

Thanks

Rtel
Derezed
OLAP Product: TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: 10.2.2, Planning Analytics 2.x
Excel Version: Latest

Re: IBM PA 2.0.6

Post by Derezed »

Hi there,

1) The short answer is licensing.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... x1_cd3_cdb

If you talk to an IBM Partner, you might be able to find out the nuances of the licensing model. PA Local is normally aimed at Enterprise customers, PA Express is normally aimed at smaller and medium sized enterprises (the licensing is for a single TM1 box, Cognos Analytics and a limited number of users). I haven't come access a client with PA Advanced...and can't find any documentation. The only difference in the component list is the license so they'll be some restriction there that needs to be complied with.

2) Not sure what this question means. Valid in what respect? Port numbers for what services?
Rtel
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Rtel »

Thanks Derezed for the information

I was wondering if the port number range used in TM1 config file is same for 2.0.6 as it was for 10.2

Thanks

Rtel
Derezed
OLAP Product: TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: 10.2.2, Planning Analytics 2.x
Excel Version: Latest

Post by Derezed »

Hi,

The defaults for Cognos Configuration are the same as far as I am aware (9510 for applications, 5495 admin host, 5498 SSL admin host, etc, etc).

Your individual TM1 instances will have their own configurations and those won't change just because you move from 10.2 to 2.0.6. You may need to add an HTTPPortNumber if you haven't already (to individual tm1s.cfg files). If you only have one instance, that's just one file to update. This will let you use configure PAW/PAX.
thomaskday
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics Local
Version: PA2 Local 2.0910, PAW 2.074
Excel Version: 2016 and 365

Post by thomaskday »

Derezed wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:30 pm ... I haven't come access a client with PA Advanced...and can't find any documentation. The only difference in the component list is the license so they'll be some restriction there that needs to be complied with.
Hi Rtel

With respect to PA Advanced, our licences are PA Advanced.

In simple terms, all users "can" be deployed as admin users (modelers), unlimited installs in production and non-production, as well as unlimited CPU and RAM. It removes a lot of licence complexity. No need to track serve capacity, number of administrators... very handy in virtualised environments and removes the need to install IBM's Licence Metric Tool to track capacity used.

Below is some blurb I have previously received.

1. TM1 full capability, including the Planning Analytics Workspace, on any data source
2. Cognos Analytics (new name for Cognos Business Intelligence) full capability on TM1 data source
3. CDM (Cognos Disclosure Management) for Narrative Reporting on TM1 data source
4. CCC (Cognos Command Centre) for easier business orchestration (scheduling) of TM1 Turbo Integrator and other batch processes
5. CIS (Cognos Integration Server) for staging of data and integration to other external data sources (e.g. other OLAP tools, Star Schema databases, Oracle and SAP, etc)
6. Unlimited Server Capacity for both Production and Non-Production environments -- unlimited CPU and RAM
7. Unlimited number of installs for both Production and Non-Production environments
8. Unlimited number of modelers (administrators) as required

CDM is no longer available due to IBM's divestment of the product in June 2017. We purchased PAA prior to the divestment and as such have CDM licences built in.

As an administrator, PAA licencing makes my life a lot easier.

Hope this helps.
Thomas