Server/Service Restart on Crash - Planning Analytics, PAx and PAW 2.0

grusty
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 2013 32 bit

Server/Service Restart on Crash - Planning Analytics, PAx and PAW 2.0

Post by grusty »

Hi Everyone,

Occasionally our TM1 server will crash for no apparent reason. Since upgrading to PA 2.0, the crash trigger seems to be when I am manually editing a dimension and I change the sort order. Architect locks up and the server becomes unresponsive. The problem I have is that our IT help desk is slow to respond and restart the TM1 service. They are not willing to give me direct access to the server to handle restarts myself. I am developing using architect on my laptop.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for handling server/service restarts. Has anyone implemented a scheduled task or other automation that is able to restart the service if it goes down? Just looking to propose a possible solution to our SA.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Server/Service Restart on Crash - Planning Analytics, PAx and PAW 2.0

Post by Steve Rowe »

FYI for your crash
https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14493

For your question.
You can request them to set the service to restart automatically on failure, that is probably the easiest thing to do.

If you have another TM1 service running you can probably get some DOS together for TM1 to execute to start the service but I would think that your IT would dept would consider this a bit of a hack.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk