OLAP Product: TM1 Cognos
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Error opening Perfomance modeler-

Post by sun »

Hi guys
I have 2 tm1 servers.

With first server is everything ok, but

When i'm trying to open performance modeler on second tm1 server i get this error:

ModellingMDT
An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\users...\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Cognos Performance Modeler\workspace\.metadataq.log.

In this log file are several entries..

caused by:org.eclipse.swt.SWTException:Widget is disposed

I'm using tm 10.1
Cognos insight:10.1.1

any idea?
Thanks
dr.nybble
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Re: Error opening Perfomance modeler-

Post by dr.nybble »

Attach the entire log file. Could be a known defect, you are using a somewhat old Performance Modeler.
Anuradha
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Anuradha »

Hi,

Any joy in resolving that issue?
Currently having similar issue with 10.1.1.
Strange thing is out of 5 TM1 instances in dev, I am able to connect 2 in TM1 performance Modeler but not other instances.
Attachments
.log
(801.68 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
ModelingMDTError.png
ModelingMDTError.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 9728 times
Regards,
Anu
sun
OLAP Product: TM1 Cognos
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by sun »

Is it possible to install new version of performance modeler?
Where can i download it? On ibm access catalog i can find just whole installation for tm1?
Thank you
Sukumarwithyou
Version: V10

Post by Sukumarwithyou »

Issue is not actually with performance modeler installation. Because its working fine with other TM1 servers. Issue could be with corrupted model control objects in the TM1 server. To find the corrupted files you may follow below steps,

1. Use backed up copy of TM1 server to start as an application.
2. Each time copy set of files in sequence to the data directory (dimension, cubes, views, process, rules and feeder files)
3. Start the server and test with performance modeler.
4. If success, stop TM1 server, copy next set of files and repeat from step 1.
5. When you come across the same error as in current copy of TM1 server, you can look for the files copied in similar fashion, to identify the problematic file.

Hope this helps.

Sukumar
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Post by Steve Vincent »

I have this same issue but only with some clients, did anyone solve this?
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
tsw
OLAP Product: TM1, PowerPlay, Transformer
Version: PA 2.0.4
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by tsw »

I have this in one of my dev TM1 10.1.1 servers... I haven't had time to troubleshoot it... but as Sukumar suggested, I believe it has something to do with corrupted data as that server didn't start up correctly due to an unexpected hardware shutdown.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin

Post by Steve Vincent »

Finally found our issue, but not the cause. It's nothing to do with servers, it's the client that is borked.

Check AppData\Roaming\IBM\Cognos Performance Modeler\configuration for the user to see if any files exist in the versioned sub-folder that resides there. It is supposed to be created when PM is launched for the 1st time, in the case of the clients that won't run the sub-folder is empty. We were lucky that a few clients do work - i copied the contents of their folders, put it into the broken client and the problem was solved.

I'm still awaiting a response from IBM as to why the client no longer creates the files it needs
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
tsw

Post by tsw »

Steve Vincent wrote:...
Check AppData\Roaming\IBM\Cognos Performance Modeler\configuration for the user to see if any files exist in the versioned sub-folder that resides there. It is supposed to be created when PM is launched for the 1st time, in the case of the clients that won't run the sub-folder is empty. We were lucky that a few clients do work - i copied the contents of their folders, put it into the broken client and the problem was solved.
Hi Steve,

Do you mean the folders shown in attached screen cap?

If so, I have them yet I still have the error only when opening one of several servers. Could there be multiple causes for this error?
This is the start of error log for this issue in the referenced .log file:

Code: Select all

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2015-04-30 09:25:28.255
!MESSAGE Unable to create menu item "org.eclipse.ui.help.helpAction", command "org.eclipse.ui.help.helpAction" not defined

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2015-04-30 09:25:28.567
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: DataSourceForm_IBM_COGNOS_LOCATION in: com.ibm.cdf.pmui.messages

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: file_not_supported in: com.ibm.cdf.pmui.messages

!MESSAGE NLS missing message: TM1TIExpandAll_ActionText in: com.ibm.cdf.pmui.messages

!MESSAGE NLS missing message: TM1TICollapseAll_ActionText in: com.ibm.cdf.pmui.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 0 2015-04-30 09:25:31.733
!MESSAGE Unable to create view ID com.ibm.mdt.ContentNavigatorView: An unexpected exception was thrown.
!STACK 0
Attachments
StartingPMissue.JPG
StartingPMissue.JPG (14.74 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
Steve Vincent
Site Admin

Post by Steve Vincent »

your log contents are different to mine, are the versions of the PM client and the TM1 server identical?
tsw

Post by tsw »

Steve Vincent wrote:your log contents are different to mine, are the versions of the PM client and the TM1 server identical?
Yes, they are same. And I verified the contents are same on 2 different machines.