Script to Kill TM1TOP Process

kkmk
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Script to Kill TM1TOP Process

Post by kkmk »

Hi,

Is there any windows based script / how to write a windows based script that we can compliment to kills TM1TOP Process automatically?

Thanks
kkmk
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Script to Kill TM1TOP Process

Post by tomok »

kkmk wrote:Hi,

Is there any windows based script / how to write a windows based script that we can compliment to kills TM1TOP Process automatically?

Thanks
kkmk
I don't believe the TM1TOP executable program can be run as a process (since you wouldn't be able to interface with it) so why would you want to automatically kill it? In any case, killing a process is quite simple and is not really a TM1 question. Just Google it, no need to re-invent the wheel.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
kkmk
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Re: Script to Kill TM1TOP Process

Post by kkmk »

I don't want to kill TM1TOP program, Little explanation may clear this:

1. There was recently an issue that the TM1 Server was unable to access by the users for about 3 hrs. We noticed that there is a lock error for a TI process that we have killed manually. So i want to check whether there is any script that Kills the process locked automatically if it is locked more than 100 Secs.

2. We can Kill Object Duplicate automatically by adding this parameter in CFG file. The same way is there any parameter that we can add to CFG file to kill the locked process automatically if it is locked more than 100 Secs.

ReceiveProgressResponseTimeoutSecs=20

Thanks
KKMK