Deploy TM1 Contributor error - sandboxing?

sfreundschuh
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Deploy TM1 Contributor error - sandboxing?

Post by sfreundschuh »

Hi all! Running TM1 9.5.1 connected to Cognos BI (integrated security setting = 5). I've run across a very strange error message when deploying Contributor packages. First of all, when one user deploys a package, another user can not do anything to it (like active/deactivate, or redeploy the package). Is there any way to get around this?

The second problem is very odd. To get around this problem above, we are going to use the service account the runs TM1 to manage these contributor packages. That way any of the admins could log into TM1 Contributor with this service account and make changes as necessary. When I try to deploy a package I get a message saying: "The TM1 Server must have the 'Sandboxing' capability enabled (configuration value DisableSandboxing=F) to support Contributor applications".

I didn't have this set at all in the .cfg file, so I added this setting then restarted the service. I still get the same message when trying to deploy anything with the service account. The service account is a TM1 admin and is an admin on the server.

Anyone ever see anything like this??

Thanks!
Shawn
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Deploy TM1 Contributor error - sandboxing?

Post by ajain86 »

Shawn,

I have experienced both issues you have listed. It has been over 6 months since I figured them out.

For the first one, I used a similar workaround. Basically 1 main ID that would control the contributor packages.

For the second one, I found out that the error is very generic and the issue could be a number of things.
- the first test would be to add the property to the .cfg file and I see you did this.
- the second test would be to check the configuration cube. There is a control cube (I don't remember the exact name) which is new to contributor and this holds the actual values. It should match the value in the .cfg but, as I found out, this is not the case.

I will try to see if I can recall the other reasons. I did see the error once and it was related to a security issue.
Ankur Jain
sfreundschuh
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by sfreundschuh »

Would you happen to remember which control cube this is? I looked around but nothing jumped out at me. I wouldn't think this setting would not be user specific, as one user can deploy without problems and another gets the error.
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ajain86 »

I thought your first issue was user specific.

Unfortunately, I currently do not have access to a model with contributor or even a test environment handy so I cannot give you an exact name for the control cube.

For the sandboxing issue, I have had an occurrence where 1 user has been able to deploy and others have not. What I found out is that the id that was used to deploy contributor would work seemlessly but any other user would have the issue.

When you deploy the first contributor model, TM1 creates a folder on the Cognos BI server where these models are stored among your Cognos BI applications. You could access the contributor model from Cognos BI as well. The folder has "Contributor" in it and should be easily identifiable.

The first user would need Admin access to the Cognos BI server temporarily to create the public folder. Any following user deploying an application, would need Write access to this folder.
I created 2 groups against this folder: 1 Write Access, 1 Read Access.

I have tried to have the folder be precreated as it was tough to admin access to Cognos BI server, even just temporarily, but that did not work.
Ankur Jain
AJGCarlos
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 20010

Post by AJGCarlos »

Hi All,

Does anybody have an answer for the error (I'm using TM1 9.5.2) "The TM1 Server must have the 'Sandboxing' capability enabled (Configuration value DisableSandboxing=F) to support Contributor applications" ??
I also have set this in the config file with no change to the outcome. I cannot find anything else conclusive via Google.

Many Thanks
C
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Sorry to start with the obvious but have you restarted TM1 since changing the config?
Declan Rodger
AJGCarlos

Post by AJGCarlos »

:) Yes I have, a number of times.
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by Michel Zijlema »

AJGCarlos wrote:Hi All,

Does anybody have an answer for the error (I'm using TM1 9.5.2) "The TM1 Server must have the 'Sandboxing' capability enabled (Configuration value DisableSandboxing=F) to support Contributor applications" ??
I also have set this in the config file with no change to the outcome. I cannot find anything else conclusive via Google.

Many Thanks
C
Through Google I found this link.
This is related to Cognos Express ICAS (IBM Cognos Analytic Server), which is in fact a TM1 Server.

Michel
declanr
MVP

Post by declanr »

Have you tried the following?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21496471

My personal view however would be to avoid contributor like the plague... it adds very little/nothing that can't be achieved in a wholly more sexy output through the use of TM1 web and a few customised processes.
Declan Rodger
AJGCarlos

Post by AJGCarlos »

Thanks - Yes already found that link but didn't work when I tried it.

We need to use Contributor as it gives you control by users instead of by groups.
declanr
MVP

Post by declanr »

AJGCarlos wrote:Thanks - Yes already found that link but didn't work when I tried it.
What was the result? Did you just continue to get the same error message?
Have you tried any other fixes and what were the results?... It helps if you can give as much detail as possible.
AJGCarlos wrote:We need to use Contributor as it gives you control by users instead of by groups.
This was off topic due to my personal hate campaign against contributor but I am a bit intrigued by your comment here... by "control" are you referring to setting security by user instead of group because again you can still set security specific to each user, just means that you need a security group each but then for ease of access you can enter the security into a custom cube by user and then map it to the actual security cube with rules.
Declan Rodger
AJGCarlos

Post by AJGCarlos »

Ok - So followed the link instructions again but this time just change the alias }TM1DefaultDisplayValue manualy and seemed to work.

Security cube: not sure how you would do this? That’s another post however. Please feel free to start another post demonstrating this method. ;)

Thanks
C
cdhodge2002

Post by cdhodge2002 »

What was the solution to this? The solution is dealing with the Alias for the client but I went back and checked and no alias's were blank.