n element KEY ERR

mbeckw
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

n element KEY ERR

Post by mbeckw »

We recently moved from 9.5.1 to 10.1 and one user is expereincing an error when he is using the ISB. He can see data at the consoldiated level but gets KEY ERRs at the n element level. He has admin rights so I don't believe it is a security issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks
TM1 version 9.1 using excel 2003
mbeckw

Re: n element KEY ERR

Post by mbeckw »

An update to this post. The user experiences this problem after a change to a dimension such as moving a cost center. The problem goes away after the service is restarted. No other users are having this trouble.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

mbeckw wrote:An update to this post. The user experiences this problem after a change to a dimension such as moving a cost center. The problem goes away after the service is restarted. No other users are having this trouble.
This is probably an obvious one, but the user has tried shutting down and restarting Excel after the dimension change has he not? My thought is that if the old dimension data is cached, it could be causing problems for the ISB.

(But then, the ISB has a tendency to be flaky anyway...)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
mbeckw

Post by mbeckw »

The user has tried to a full reboot and it didn't work. The only thing that seems to resolve the issue is restarting the server instance.
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

mbeckw wrote:The user has tried to a full reboot and it didn't work. The only thing that seems to resolve the issue is restarting the server instance.
Can you replicate the same problem on another users machine (with the same TM1 and Excel version)? Perhaps this user have a different Excel version to everyone else?
Robin Mackenzie
Olivier
Community Contributor
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

Does it affect all users ? ( I would guess yes if this particular user has admin level...).

Is the ISB using Nlevels "Aliases" OR root "Element names" ?

Does slicing the same data from a cube view produce the same effect ?
( i.e. Data show up in the cube viewer but then become Key Err once sliced in Excel ? ).

You mentioned a change made in the dimension ? How is that change done in the dimension, by TI Process ?

if yes, I am thinking about the dimension attribute corruption...

Restarting the server is not the only option if this is the case, Re Uploading the relevant Xdi dimension file could also resolve it.

If you do not use xdi, extract the dimension in a .cma file and create a temporary xdi file to import it back to TM1,
this will force the "reconnection/recompilation" between element and their aliases..

I am quite sure this was discussed before in this forum but could not find the thread...
HTH
Olivier