viswaraju
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM COGNOS TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

SSO on TM1

Post by viswaraju »

Hi
Anyone can give me information about single sign on(SSO)on TM1.

I have some information correct me if anything is wrong.

1) TM1 is already installed. Now I need to go back to the installation and modify it for enabling LDAP.

How to continue after this for Single sign on.

Thank you.
Excal 2007
TM1 9.5.2
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: SSO on TM1

Post by lotsaram »

viswaraju wrote:Hi
Anyone can give me information about single sign on(SSO)on TM1.

I have some information correct me if anything is wrong.

1) TM1 is already installed. Now I need to go back to the installation and modify it for enabling LDAP.

How to continue after this for Single sign on.

Thank you.
Excal 2007
TM1 9.5.2
So your "information" is that TM1 is installed? Well what a great start. How about also informing of what you have done so far as per the request for assistance guidelines that you have been directed to on countless occasions.

What you need to do depends on what you mean by "single sign on"
- should users log on to TM1 with the same user name and password as windows
OR
- should authenticated windows users be able to log on to TM1 directly without entering user name and password

If it is the 2nd option ("integrated login" in TM1) then you don't need to do anything with LDAP, just apply the settings needed for integrated login which I won't go into as they are covered a few times already on this forum and you should be able to find it easily with a search. If you want the first option then what is needed will depend on if you want to integrate LDAP authentication in native TM1 or with CAM.
tushar.marathe
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007 2010

Re: SSO on TM1

Post by tushar.marathe »

Please provide more information. Apart from what lotsaram has covered.. If you have implemented SSO for all organization-wide applications, you should usually have a siteminder (or something similar) authentication. While using LDAP-siteminder authentication, you need to ensure that its set to BASIC authentication as against GUI authentication.