moby91
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Webinar 3/2/2012: IBM Cognos TM1 10.1 technical overview

Post by moby91 »

https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wp ... s/8RNSM3SI
Exclusive Web Seminars for Business Analytics Business Partners, VARs, VADs & Solution Providers
Webinar: IBM Cognos TM1 10.1 technical overview

March 2, 2012

The IBM Cognos TM1 v10.1 technical presentation will provide an overview of the components, capabilities, and improvements in TM1 10.1. Topics include installation and configuration; a high level view of how the new components work together; performance and scalability improvements via Cognos Insight distributed mode; the Transfer feature; the new "Operations Console;" and many core server improvements for performance, enterprise readiness and conformance.

https://www-950.ibm.com/events/swgeer/s ... fp&lang=en
Registration
IBM Cognos TM1 10.1 Technical Overview 10am EST 3/2/2012
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Webinar 3/2/2012: IBM Cognos TM1 10.1 technical overview

Post by Alan Kirk »

I think this part needs to be highlighted and emphasised before anyone else wastes their time:
Exclusive Web Seminars for Business Analytics Business Partners, VARs, VADs & Solution Providers
I have not the faintest idea what VARs, VADs, UFOs, STDs, TLAs or NFIs are but it doesn't seem to be open to your common or garden user.

Or, in the words of Iboglix itself...
We are unable to verify that you are authorized to view this page.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
stex2727
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Post by stex2727 »

I did a google and while not conclusive I deduced VAR to mean, Value Added Reseller. I couldn't find a VAD but I reakon they must add value as well

Steve
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

stex2727 wrote:I did a google and while not conclusive I deduced VAR to mean, Value Added Reseller. I couldn't find a VAD but I reakon they must add value as well
I suspected what VAR was but couldn't be bothered looking it up to confirm that. I also suspect that you're correct about VAD. That part of my post was more a dig at multinationals which think that speaking in TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) makes them sound "sophisticated and worldly" rather than simply "incapable of communicating clearly".
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Value Added Distributor

In Europe, at least, Business Partners buy the software they sell via VADs, who take a cut. Think the core reason for IBM is credit exposure. It's worked reasonably well, I'd say. We still have a partner manager at IBM who hassles us about sales, we just don't order through them.
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

I was able to succesfully register for the webinar despite being a rather garden variety of independent contractor.

If anyone is interested, just use the second link and fill in the forms.
Kamil Arendt
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

qml wrote:I was able to succesfully register for the webinar despite being a rather garden variety of independent contractor.
Perhaps they have dubbed thee Sir Solution Provider.
qml wrote:If anyone is interested, just use the second link and fill in the forms.
Useful to know. Though personally unless it's something that I really need (like a software download, where I have no choice), I've grown to give anything that comes out of IBM what I refer to as the "One Click Opportunity". If my first click doesn't lead me to the subject, I rarely pursue it further any more. In particular if my first click leads me to my login page, I can be pretty sure that my time is being wasted, and my only choice is how much more of it I'd like to waste. This is also why I barely glace at IBM Notifications now. They usually have a couple of lines of teaser which give an incomplete outline and a link. "TM1 Server Will Sometimes Cause A Universe-Ending Singularity. Customer reports that the server will generate a singularity when..." {Click} "Please Log In To Your IBM Account" {Log in} "You do not have access to view these resources." I'm not sure whether it's intentional aversion therapy on the part of IBM's web site designers (assuming that anyone did design that thing), but it's worked as such.

Good to see that not everyone has been put off clicking on further links, though. To be honest I don't think I'll be missing much but a gloss and glitz presentation, but if anyone who attends would like to report back with whatever details come of it it would be useful for the broader readership.
-----------
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

Just a word of warning. If you have registered for this web seminar, your e-mail address has just been disclosed to what looks like every other person attending the seminar - a certain Canadian IBM employee has sent an e-mail with all of these addresses in the "To:" field. I don't think I need to mention how bad this is, as this list is effectively a database of a few hundred business partners, current and potential customers, solution providers, consultants etc. I have also spotted a few private e-mails of people that are pretty much industry icons. I'm rather speechless.
Kamil Arendt
Martin Ingram
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: IBM SaaS - Digital Pack
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by Martin Ingram »

In :)
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

doesn't surprise me one bit considering the cognos forums exposed every users email & there was no way to avoid it other than not be a user. its one of the prime reasons why this place was created.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet