Mass commit of users' sandboxes

mitch23
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: Office 365

Mass commit of users' sandboxes

Post by mitch23 »

I have an unexpected issue with a budgeting application I just rolled out. It appears that the data users are entering through Excel (DBSWs) is being stored by default in their "Personal Workspace" and hence not in the "base" data available for all to see. I understand that I can disable this for all users by inserting "DisableSandboxing=T"in the cfg file (which I will do) but first I need to get all the data that currently resides in every user's Personal Workspace commited into the base data. I can't realistically ask all the users manually to commit their data through the cube viewer since that is way to "under the hood" for this group.

Is there a way for me to commit all that data accross the server in a single operation?
ajain86
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Mass commit of users' sandboxes

Post by ajain86 »

There is no function to do such action.

Although it may seem that such a function would be useful, it can be greatly harmful to commit a user's data without their permission. The user may be in the initial phase of submitting and may have just been inputting some test numbers to gauge how it would affect the base data. For this I am glad that no functionality exists for this.

You will have to ask the users to manually submit their data.
Ankur Jain
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Re: Mass commit of users' sandboxes

Post by qml »

And what if a user has more than 1 sandbox? Which one would you like to commit in that case? The active one? What if that user has no active sandboxes at that time? How do you even know if the data in these sandboxes are any good? You could absolutely ruin the "official" numbers this way.
To sum up - like ajain86 says, there is no way to do it, probably because there is no good way to do it. That is the whole point of sandboxes - they don't become integrated into other numbers until the user decides so.
Kamil Arendt