Upgrade to 9.5.2

LeeTaylor1979
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Upgrade to 9.5.2

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

Hi All,

I think this is a very simple one and I will be kicking myself very hard when one of you guys gives me the answer but here goes.

I have just installed TM1 9.5.2 x64 Server on to a new server and then installed 9.5.2 Perspectives x86 (Client).

I copied over our exisiting Livedata folder to the E: on the new server and changed the .cfg file to point at the new Server name and Admin host and also the data directory.

In perspectives (that does load when excel is launched) the admin host is right in there too but I cannot for the life of me connect to the new server ?

My Service is starting but I can tell by its size that it is not finding the livedata folder.

Can anyone pin point what I have not done to get a connection to the new server.

Thanks in advance.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Upgrade to 9.5.2

Post by jim wood »

Did you recreate the service so it starts in the new folder? If not try copying your updated CFG to the old folder if it still exists. It might be me as I'm a little tired but you didn;t say that you re-created the services right?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
LeeTaylor1979

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

Hi Jim,

I did a custom install and named the server and admin host when installing this then created a service (I Believe)

I changed the Planning Sample to be custom data, not sure if this was right.

Does this answer your question ?
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Post by Steve Vincent »

I've never trusted the software installer to add services, i've always done it manually. The details should be in the operations guide part of the help files but this thread will also help http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 65&start=0
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
applix_mc

Post by applix_mc »

You can also go in the registry and under HKEY_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services search for your Tm1 service name (ex Planning Sample)

Check the keys to see if they are pointing to the proper locations
LeeTaylor1979

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

Many Thanks for your replies.

Just sat with the server/services expert in our department and we had a look at Event viewer.

It appears the only reason my service did not pick up my live data folder was because I was missing a logging folder.

I created a new logging folder in TM1DATA started the service and it now works.

When I copied over my live data folder I assumed it would automatically create a logging folder, I was wrong.

Thanks again