Citrix & TM1 oddities

jhpark
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.0
Excel Version: 2003

Citrix & TM1 oddities

Post by jhpark »

We have two different issues that seem to be related to our citrix setup, but we're trying to track things down. If anyone has any suggestions...

1) One of our remote users was able to login via citrix, open a view, and start drilling down & changing dimensions. But after one or two actions, his connection to TM1 would freeze. other users seemed unaffected by the freeze (though we do have the 20 second timeout set). The citrix profile was deleted and allowed to regenerate and still the lockups persisted. If that same remote user logged in using a different citrix user, he was able to work and navigate the cube normally.

Later we (more local to the server) logged in using the remote user's citrix login, and were able to navigate hte cube normally as well. We're not sure if this was some kind of persisent network issue or something more devious...?

2) We recently enabled roaming profiles on our citrix configuration. When one of our users tries to change a subset in an excel slice, he receives an error that TM1 could not open a file in the \\server\redirect$\user\appdata\roaming\applix\tm1 directory, though I'm not sure which file is the problem -- My guess is subed.tbd, but that file is created fresh whenever I delete it and open a subset from a slice, so I'm not sure if there is a problem writing to the path, or something else.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

Edited to Add: TM1 9.0 SP3 Update 7 64-bit on Windows Server 2003
Citrix XenApp for Windows, Advanced Edition
Version 6.0.0
Product Build Number: 6410
Service Pack:0
Last edited by jhpark on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TM1 9.03 Update 7, Excel 2003, Citrix
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Citrix & TM1 oddities

Post by jim wood »

Could you please post your Citrix and TM1 versions.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
applix_mc

Re: Citrix & TM1 oddities

Post by applix_mc »

Suggestion:

One thing you could do is have your Citrix admin run a CDF trace on Citrix box

CDF

Within Citrix there is a tool called CDF (Citrix Diagnostic Facility). This tool seems to have been built to capture diagnostics for Citrix Support to look at. This would be a valuable tool to get Citrix involved to get their opinion on what is happening with any of the Tm1 user connections that may be causing system performance problems

Video on how to run it
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125647