Elite Dangerous - Currently Free

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Elite Dangerous - Currently Free

Post by Steve Rowe »

I'm not affiliated with the game in anyway but am a big fan.

Just though I'd let the group know that the game is currently free in the Epic Game store if you fancy some space action.

Has a bit of a learning curve initially but I can't recommend the game highly enough.

Of course once you've played it for a while you'll want to a HOTAS, a VR headset and a new gaming rig, which most definitely not free...
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Elite Dangerous - Currently Free

Post by Alan Kirk »

Steve Rowe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm I'm not affiliated with the game in anyway but am a big fan.

Just though I'd let the group know that the game is currently free in the Epic Game store if you fancy some space action.
For those who have... issues... about the thought of dealing with Epic it's also steeply discounted on Steam, though it ends tomorrow. It's $AUD10.74 which, with our exchange rate, is probably two bucks 50 US or 99 centesimi in euros. I'd rather give 10 bucks to Steam than zero bucks to Epic, not least because I have zero faith in Epic to not gouge people on the expansion packs. I do not advocate either deal or one over the other for anyone else, but thought that any other non-Epicians may like to be aware of an alternative.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.