A little bit of help with world domination!!

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

A little bit of help with world domination!!

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

I'm not normally one to ask for favors but I was wondering if you could help me out? As some of you may or may not know I build PCs for fun. (Yes I know) One of my builds has made it through to the final of a national competition. The winners prize is a load of goodies including a brand spanking new Intel 10900K worth about $500 US. Not to be sniffed at. Now this is open to public vote. It's on Facebook, Twitter and the Micro Center community forum. I'd really appreciate it if you could vote for my build. The guy I'm against has got everybody he knows voted on Facebook so it's turned more in to popularity contest rather than a build contest unfortunately. So if you could possibly vote go to...

Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/jimbopcbuilds/ ... 4509871936
Twitter... https://twitter.com/microcenter/status/ ... 2281562114
Micro Center Forum... https://community.microcenter.com/discu ... inal-round

To vote on micro center you need to create a forum account but that has the benefit of then being able to ask questions.

I'd really appreciate your help on this guys,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: A little bit of help with world domination!!

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 am Guys,
The guy I'm against has got everybody he knows voted on Facebook so it's turned more in to popularity contest rather than a build contest unfortunately.
Make of this what you will... as of now he's well ahead of you on Faceplant:
Faceplant.png
Faceplant.png (202.63 KiB) Viewed 67298 times
But you're ahead of him by about the same proportion on Planet Dumb Twit:
Twit_Ter.png
Twit_Ter.png (345.42 KiB) Viewed 67298 times
I assume that they'll just pool the votes at the end so I guess it's a question of which platform ultimately has the higher engagement level, with the third one being the wild card. Unfortunately based on the current vote count, Faceplant is ahead by a big margin. There are still 4 days to turn that around!
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Alan Kirk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am I assume that they'll just pool the votes at the end so I guess it's a question of which platform ultimately has the higher engagement level, with the third one being the wild card. Unfortunately based on the current vote count, Faceplant is ahead by a big margin. There are still 4 days to turn that around!
I'm still ahead on Twitter with 59.5% of the vote. I'm also now one vote ahead on the Micro Center forum. On Facebook I'm catching him as I now have 47% of the vote. The total all votes, so with that in mind I'm only a little bit behind. I think if I get around 18 more votes on Facebook I should have a chance. So guys if you haven't voted yet please do!!
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Nudged you to 60% on Twitter - cheering for you!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Oh well... you reigned supreme on Planet Dumb Twit, but it was the Faceplant vote that sunk you. Good effort, though.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
PavoGa
MVP
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

Sorry Jim, I did not look at this until too late. Would have voted for you though!
Ty
Cleveland, TN
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Still not sure how Hernan got almost 300 Fakebook votes in the closing hours :shock:

Auto-hot key, Temp-mail.org, Join Facebook, Vote, repeat??

Yours was a great entry and a super specc'ed machine. My wife commented on how clean it looked.

Enjoy the endless hours you will spend on it!

Curious as to the transfer speeds between those two disks.
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

gtonkin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:14 pm Still not sure how Hernan got almost 300 Fakebook votes in the closing hours :shock:

Auto-hot key, Temp-mail.org, Join Facebook, Vote, repeat??

Yours was a great entry and a super specc'ed machine. My wife commented on how clean it looked.

Enjoy the endless hours you will spend on it!

Curious as to the transfer speeds between those two disks.
He 100% bought votes. You can buy 100 for $10. The prize was worth $3000 so it makes sense. I'd rather do it the right way than know I was a cheat. He has to live with that.

Buy aside from that thank you guys for voting. I still got nearly 500 votes which is amazing. To be fair is was great just to make it to the final.

As for the build it's a constantly evolving beast. The drives have even evolved. I still have a Samsung NVMe drive in the top slot for windows, but I know have a 2GB NVMe in the bottom slot but that's for games only. The last drive I have is a 2TB mechanical for files etc. I don't really transfer much between them but you can really tell the speed difference between the mechanical and the NVMe drives.
Shop at Amazon
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

That's disappointing Jim, if you can prove it I'd be raising it with the competition organisers. Probably too late to help you but might make them tighten up their policies.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Steve Rowe wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:10 am That's disappointing Jim, if you can prove it I'd be raising it with the competition organisers. Probably too late to help you but might make them tighten up their policies.
I did raise with them the unusual pattern, but they couldn't prove anything with the limited tool set that Facebook gives them. I'm still waiting on the prize as well. They can't them ironically due to the pandemic.
Shop at Amazon