Is there a way to get the Data Directory Location in TI?

Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Is there a way to get the Data Directory Location in TI?

Post by Elessar »

Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm Hi,

On a related note: does anyone use multiple data directories for 1 model ? We can specify multiple folders in the crg file but I have never been a fan of it.
There was a very interesting idea in tm1forum (I couldn't find the thread) to separate DATA to 2 folders: CODE (.rux and .pro files) and DATA (other files); and commit changes in CODE folder to git or any other "put your favorite version control system".

UPD: here it is: https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... ion#p66007
Last edited by Elessar on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Elessar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 am
Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm Hi,

On a related note: does anyone use multiple data directories for 1 model ? We can specify multiple folders in the crg file but I have never been a fan of it.
There was a very interesting idea in tm1forum (I couldn't find the thread) to separate DATA to 2 folders: CODE (.rux and .pro files) and DATA (other files); and commit changes in CODE folder to git or any other "put your favorite version control system".
Interesting. it’s similar to what Lotsaram said. The difficulty will be to split the new objects regarding their type and have similar objects in the same folder.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
stex2727
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Post by stex2727 »

qml wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 am I'm in favour of having a consistent folder structure for all environments - tm1s.cfg in the main folder and Data and Logging subdirectories sitting under that main folder too. Or any other way that is consistent. Since you can easily get the Logging directory path using GetProcessErrorFileDirectory, it is easy to construct a formula that will return the Data directory, no matter what the environment. Something along these lines:

Code: Select all

sLogDirName = 'Logging\';
sDataDirName = 'Data\';
sLogDirPath = GetProcessErrorFileDirectory;
sDataDirPath = DELET (sLogDirPath, SCAN (sLogDirName, sLogDirPath), LONG (sLogDirName)) | sDataDirName;
Just used this code and a trap I fell into, the variable sLogDirName needs to be in the right case.

Steve