Using Excel Reports through TM1web

rossi

Using Excel Reports through TM1web

Post by rossi »

Trying to view an excel file through the TM1Web and i keep getting the error.

Cannot connect to TM1 Excel Services No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Also can I use a view that has an MDX on it in the excel websheet?

Any ideas please

thanks
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Using Excel Reports through TM1web

Post by Alan Kirk »

rossi wrote:Trying to view an excel file through the TM1Web and i keep getting the error.

Cannot connect to TM1 Excel Services No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
I'm not at work at the moment so I can't check and confirm, but if memory serves I believe that that message appears when the TM1 Excel Service has stopped running on the server. On the server, check the list of services by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Manage, then go to the Services. Chances are that the TM1 Excel Service won't have "Started" as its status, so just right click on it and start 'er up. It'd be also worthwhile to check the message logs to see whether you can see why the service stopped.
rossi wrote: Also can I use a view that has an MDX on it in the excel websheet?
In what context?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
rossi

Post by rossi »

I have a view that has accounts down the left and years across the top

the accounts have an expression attached to them like give me all the N level accounts
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

rossi wrote:I have a view that has accounts down the left and years across the top

the accounts have an expression attached to them like give me all the N level accounts
On a websheet? So you're using SubNMs, presumably. I haven't tried it, but I can't think of any reason why that shouldn't work.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.