Feeders, again :@

Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Feeders, again :@

Post by Steve Vincent »

For the life of me i cannot see why this rule is not correctly populating my cube. If anyone has any ideas i'd be very grateful!

Cube data is IN;

Actuals pre_10-1

Code: Select all

Organisation Breakdown pre_10-1
  Resource Breakdown
  Nomination
  Site
  Resource Source
  MonthYear
  Employees
  Actuals Measures
Rule;

SKIPCHECK ;

FEEDERS ;

# Feed Ops Plan and Actuals
['Actual Headcount'] =>
DB('Ops Plan and Actuals pre_10-1','Actuals','Actual Headcount','Current',!Nomination,!Resource Source,!Organisation Breakdown pre_10-1,!Resource Breakdown,!Site,!MonthYear);

Cube i'm trying to populate with a rule;

Ops Plan and Actuals pre_10-1

Code: Select all

Source Type
  Ops Plan and Actuals Headcount
  Version
  Nomination
  Resource Source
  Ops Plan OBS pre_10-1
  Ops Plan RBS
  Site
  MonthYear
Rule;

SKIPCHECK;

['Actual Headcount']= N: DB('Actuals pre_10-1',!OPS Plan OBS pre_10-1,!Ops Plan RBS,!Nomination,!Site,!Resource Source,!MonthYear,'All Employees','Actual Headcount');

FEEDERS;

I get the right numbers when skipcheck is removed, but as soon as you start looking at top level numbers the server grinds to a halt (obviously i know why!). Due to that i'm certain its feeders that are causing the issue, but as usual icannot fathom what it needs to fix it. If anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate them :)
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1

Re: Feeders, again :@

Post by Martin Ryan »

Where are you looking at the values? The feeder is only feeding the actuals for current, but the rule is applying to everywhere. Perhaps you are looking at budget values?

(As a side note, if you are looking at actuals, current, I suggest you narrow the rule down to match the feeder.)

Otherwise I'd just suggest things I suspect you already have:
That actuals exists in Source Type
Current is in Version
Organisation = Ops Plan OBS pre_10-1 (at least for the elements you are comparing)

You seem to have a lot of dimensions in one cube that are mapping to other dimensions. Have you checked they do in fact have some common elements?
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Re: Feeders, again :@

Post by Steve Vincent »

Thanks Martin, not sure why but i'm only getting some of the emails thru from here so didn't see the reply.

The rule needs to apply everywhere and i'd only done one feeder to try and cut down the reasons why it wasn't working. All the necessary matches are present and correct, was the 2nd thing i checked after ensuring my views were both looking at the right bits :lol:

I figured out the reason tho, its because the values i'm feeding from are consolidations.

Something i never appreciated before was the fact that feeders only get data from nodal level elements. Its not somethig you'd be too bothered about knowing most of the time, but in this case it is crucial. "Organisation" is a full sized, full depth department hierarchy. "Ops Plan OBS pre_10-1" (catchy name eh?!!) is just the main reporting consolidations from the "organisation" dim. So for instance i'm trying to feed a consolidation called "finance" to a nodal called "finance", and thats where it comes unstuck.

I got around it by writing some rules to fill attributes in the organisation dim to figure out the parent, grandparent, great grand parent etc of each element. A "valid element" attribute then uses a rule to compare those with the "Ops Plan OBS pre_10-1" elements and reports the 1st match it finds. I can then use that to feed the cube for each nodal, rather than trying to feed from consolidations and it all works perfectly.

Took an entire day to get my head around it, but felt damn good when ti all worked :D
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet