Problems upgrading from 9.1sp3 to 94

mparker

Problems upgrading from 9.1sp3 to 94

Post by mparker »

I have intalled 9.4 on my laptop where previously I had 9.1 sp3 running. When i try to open the security for the server or a subset editor from a cube view or a dimension it looks as though it opens but I do not see anything on my screen, I thought maybe it was to do with my old cubes so I uninstalled and reinstalled and loaded the sdata cubes and the same thing happened. has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
Renaud MARTIAL

Re: Problems upgrading from 9.1sp3 to 94

Post by Renaud MARTIAL »

Hello,

do you have the same problem if you create a new cube and then open a subset editor ?

Renaud.
Andy Key
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

it looks as though it opens but I do not see anything on my screen
It could be that it is nothing to do with the upgrade, and that the window is opening, but not on your visible screen.

Were you using an external monitor the last time you ran TM1, and is it now no longer attached?
Did you last have the subset editor and the other secondary windows open on the second monitor?

If so, close Excel and/or Architect and delete the lines that start with

MainWindowLayoutInfo =
SubsetWindowLayoutInfo =
DimensionWindowLayoutInfo =
SecurityAssignmentWindowLayoutInfo =

from the tm1p.ini file in your Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Applix\TM1 directory. (You may not have all of them.) Whilst you are there, you could delete the dimed.tbd and subed.tbd files. I can't remember if you need to or not, but they will both be recreated next time you use the Dimension Editor and Subset Editor.

If you haven't been using an external monitor, then no I haven't seen this behaviour after an upgrade...
Andy Key
mparker

Post by mparker »

Excellent thanks Andy. Removing those files sorted the problem. I did have an external monitor attached but I had not used it for the TM1 server.