Create Dynamic Subset from values in another Cube

telula

Create Dynamic Subset from values in another Cube

Post by telula »

Hello,
How do I create a dynamic subset eg, 'archive year' which gets its value automatically from a cube ?
I know it can be done via a TI process but that would mean that TI process needs to run before any changes could be seen, I want it more automatic than that....anyone?
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Create Dynamic Subset from values in another Cube

Post by ScottW »

You could write the whole dynamic subset in MDX to check the value of the "archive year" in a control cube but here is a very straightforward way to do what I think you are trying to achieve.

1/ In your year dimension create an attribute, let's call it "ArchiveYear"

2/ Hold the value for the archive year in a 2d "control cube" against a measure for the year to archive. Typically the dimensions will be "Control Measure" and "Control Value". The 2nd dimension would typically have just 2 elements; "String" and "Value" to allow the cube to store string and numeric data. If you don't already have such a control cube then create one.

3/ Write a rule in the }ElementAttributes_Year cube:
['ArchiveYear'] = S: IF( !Year @= DB('Control Cube', 'Archive Year', 'String'), 'True', '' );

4/ Create the dynamic subset in your year dimension. The MDX should look something like this:
{FILTER( {TM1SUBSETALL( [Year] )}, [Year].[ArchiveYear] = "True" )}
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com