Error Setting Process Property

mattgoff
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2.6
Excel Version: O365

Error Setting Process Property

Post by mattgoff »

Has anyone ever encountered a "Error setting Process Property" error when trying to save a TI process?
espp.gif
espp.gif (2.57 KiB) Viewed 7519 times
All I did was set up an ASCII data source and set the variable names and types-- when trying to save I got the error which is, not surprisingly, totally unhelpful....

Matt
Please read and follow the Request for Assistance Guidelines. It helps us answer your question and saves everyone a lot of time.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Error Setting Process Property

Post by jim wood »

Hi Matt,

Are you running a Windows or Unix server?

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
ASEVEREYNS

Post by ASEVEREYNS »

Hi Matt,

Have you tried to save the process with "Save As ..." and giving it another name?
Closing and reopening after saving the process might be helpful as well.

Good luck,
Anthony
mattgoff
MVP

Post by mattgoff »

jim wood wrote:Are you running a Windows or Unix server?
I'm running TM1 9.1 SP2 U3 on Windows Server 2003 x64.
ASEVEREYNS wrote:Have you tried to save the process with "Save As ..." and giving it another name?
Closing and reopening after saving the process might be helpful as well.
This was a new process started from scratch; opening another process and "Save As" works, but fails once I change the data source and variables. Other existing processes open and save just fine. I suspect that the problem might be because is my data source is the tm1server.log file. That file is not normally locked, but maybe some conflict arises when I try to save.

I have a perl script I use to automatically email me errors in the logs, but I was hoping to rewrite it in TI to work in TM1 natively. I'll post the perl script soon, just need to add some comments-- some people might find it handy.

Thanks,
Matt
mfindon

Post by mfindon »

I've had this problem when I have set the delimiter to "Other" and entered more than one character, as I wanted to delimit by 3 spaces. Although it allows you to enter more than one character, it won't save the process. This is in 9.1 Sp3.
mattgoff
MVP

Post by mattgoff »

mfindon wrote:I've had this problem when I have set the delimiter to "Other" and entered more than one character, as I wanted to delimit by 3 spaces. Although it allows you to enter more than one character, it won't save the process. This is in 9.1 Sp3.
That's it-- exactly what I was trying to do. You'd think if only one character was allowed they'd limit the size of the box (or actually do input validation or at least a descriptive error).

Thanks!
Matt
Please read and follow the Request for Assistance Guidelines. It helps us answer your question and saves everyone a lot of time.