TM1 Web Supress Zeros

Eric
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

TM1 Web Supress Zeros

Post by Eric »

Can zeros suppression be toggled on and off in TM1 Web?
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1 Web Supress Zeros

Post by Alan Kirk »

Eric wrote:Can zeros suppression be toggled on and off in TM1 Web?
By the user? Yes, in a view. There's an icon on the toolbar (9.1 SP4) which allows suppression by rows, columns or both.

By an administrator? Well, you can publish the view with the relevant setting and it seems to be honoured.

In a websheet? No, but then you can't in a (non-dynamic) slice either.

In an Active Form? Dunno. That's a 9.4 question and 9.4 was only on my notebook which stopped talking to its screen a couple of weeks back, since which time I've realised how much I rely on it in addition to my desktop. Without it I haven't been able to even test out that new CubeWise TI tool yet, since it doesn't work with 8.2.12. Although I do now have a new notebook (as of last Sunday), I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Remember when getting a new computer was FUN? These days it's a pain in the back passage because you have to reinstall all the software and reload all of the updates and configure the user accounts and.... {SIGH!!!}

But I digress. At their best Active Forms are only suppressible by rows according to the 9.4 Read Me, and given the demise of my notebook I haven't been able to determine how or whether they work with Web.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.