MDX Element Comparison

Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

MDX Element Comparison

Post by Steve Vincent »

I'm trying to compare 2 different dims with MDX to pick out only the elements that exist in both. EXCEPT looks like the closest match, but it only works on the current dim, it won't allow a comparison across multiples. I know i could do this with attributes and a rule but i'm trying to get to grips with MDX more and wanted to know if there was a way of doing it.

The essence is i have 2 dims, Clients and }Clients. The first will always hold more because its historic but i wish to filter its elements by the existing }Clients when browsing the cube its used in. The plan was to used EXCEPT to find all those that didn't match, then use the results of that to reverse it.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: MDX Element Comparison

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Hi Steve,

I would think the function you're after is INTERSECT, but appearently you can't compare sets from two different dimensions in TM1 (tested with 9.0.3).

Michel